Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
older leupold vx II 3x9x50 >

older leupold vx II 3x9x50

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

older leupold vx II 3x9x50

Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Spike

Default older leupold vx II 3x9x50

I have a browining a-bolt with a 1994 leupold vx II on it. The scope has served me well. My question is how does that leupold compare with the newer models of leupold? How would my scope compare with a nikon prostaff or bushnell 3200 elite? Should I let the scope go with my gun for the rifle with the nikon prostaff? or should I look at trading guns and keeping my scope? Any advice you could give would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my honest opinion, keep the one you have! I have seen alot of broken, and have had a few broken Nikons. If you dont want to believe me look at a Natchez catalog, they have pages of refurbished Nikons, these are scopes that were broke or had something wrong with them and was sent in for warranty work. Nikon fixes them and turns arround and sells them for a little less than the price of a new one and only offer a 90 day warranty on them. Nikon has a hell of a racket going on, they sell a inferior product and when it breaks they get to sell it again, if it breaks after they sold it as refurbished and it has been over 90 days, you have to pay for it, possibly making more money on the same scope that was sold twice. I dont know of any other company that does that! NIKONS ARE A POS!!! IMHO.

Last edited by fritz1; 02-01-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that if unless you are disatisfied with the Vari X-II's, stay with them. Unless you are willing to spend a bunch more $$$, you probably will not get much better performance out of newer products in that same price range.