Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Bino's for people with eyeglasses. >

Bino's for people with eyeglasses.

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Bino's for people with eyeglasses.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bino's for people with eyeglasses.

Anyone know of a pair of bino's that have a great deal of eye relief, I'v never been comfortable with the bino's I'v had before. Never could get the full feild of view, and of course I would like to spend as little money as possible. Thanks
Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure of your price range, but here is a suggestion. Pentax makes a fine line of great value binos. Look at soemthing like the DCF WP or DCF SP line. Friend of mine has the WP in 8x42 and they are great. Eye reilef will be something about like 20+ mm. Check Binoclars.com and Bear Basin Outfiters for typical on-line pricing.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

WF,

Some good suggestions above. Several Pentax binos do have very good eye relief.

Some things to think about and/or some questions for you.

1. Generally speaking the higher the magnification the shorter the eye relief on any given model. So an 8x Nikon Monarch is going to have more eye relief than the 10x model. What magnification are you looking at?

2. In the past another good rule of thumb has been that the wider the field of view then the shorter the eye relief. This is not always true nowadays but in some cases it still is.

3. What price range are you looking at?

The one binocular I remember as having the greatest eye relief of any bin I have tried is the Nikon Sporter I 8x36. Eye relief was better than 22 mm. It was the one bin that I seriously had to use the eyecups extended to avoid blackouts. The 10x36, though still good, did not have quite as much. They still manufacturer it and have another version the "Buckmaster 8x36" which is practically the same model but geared for hunters. Price usually hovers around $100 or so depending on where you get it at.

A word of warning though, it isn't a phase coated roof prism binocular so the images aren't quite as sharp or as contrasty as one that has phase coating.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some "good" binos have eye cups which adjust for those who ware glasses.

See nikon's below.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

I know.........good ones cost more !!!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use the Vortex Diamondbacks with my glasses and it is just fine. 10x42
Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of Alpine, Apex. These have the adjustable cups. With or w/o glasses. Reasonable price with a LT Guarantee. Nice glass.