Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best scope for the money? >

Best scope for the money?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best scope for the money?

Old 07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 recommendations.

From my personal expereince, by far the Zeiss Conquest. These are not economy scopes however, but for about $550 - $600 retail, you will get a very nice, clear, crisp piece of glass. I cannot say these are durable because I have only 2 and the oldest is going on 3 years. Zeiss has a great reputation , however I don't think it is fair to rate a scope durable untiul it has been through it for 5 or more years. But in this relatively short a period of time, I have had one or the other of these in 100F+ , dust blowing heat popping varmints in SW Texas; driving rain, sleet and snow in central Arkansas, splashing through muck filled, high humidity swamp land chasing hogs down here in Alabama;, and as cold as -10F in eastern Montana. I have had zero problems with either.

Another choice from my experience that is a lot less coslty is the Bushnell Eilite 4200. I have one that came on a use ML rifle I bought. Initially I intended to remove it. I got lazy and ML days were upon me before I could. It did just fine. One deer, a decent 8 pt. buck, I killed was shot very late in the day. I was surprised and pleased at the very clear image that this scope gave me on that shot. It is long and heavy in my way of thinking but OK. I think these are about $250 new.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 AM

I just got me a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9-50 Firefly. Should be on its way. Thanks for the input i'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Sightron make some quality scopes! www.sightron.com
I have a 6x18 with side focus and target dot on my varmint rifle.
very durable.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have a rem. 700 in .243 & put a nikon buckmaster on it. in all honesty it's basically a brand new setup & hasn't been used for hunting yet , but it seems nice @ the range. time will tell.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:01 AM

Nikon buckmaster or prostaff 3-9x40 they have lifetime warranty. Bushnell Elite 3200 or 4200 3-9x40 is also a good choice
Old 07-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go.......................

lifetime warranty !

You now have a good scope !!!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

you won't go wrong with nikon,bushnell elite or burris