HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best scope for the money?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 recommendations.

From my personal expereince, by far the Zeiss Conquest. These are not economy scopes however, but for about $550 - $600 retail, you will get a very nice, clear, crisp piece of glass. I cannot say these are durable because I have only 2 and the oldest is going on 3 years. Zeiss has a great reputation , however I don't think it is fair to rate a scope durable untiul it has been through it for 5 or more years. But in this relatively short a period of time, I have had one or the other of these in 100F+ , dust blowing heat popping varmints in SW Texas; driving rain, sleet and snow in central Arkansas, splashing through muck filled, high humidity swamp land chasing hogs down here in Alabama;, and as cold as -10F in eastern Montana. I have had zero problems with either.

Another choice from my experience that is a lot less coslty is the Bushnell Eilite 4200. I have one that came on a use ML rifle I bought. Initially I intended to remove it. I got lazy and ML days were upon me before I could. It did just fine. One deer, a decent 8 pt. buck, I killed was shot very late in the day. I was surprised and pleased at the very clear image that this scope gave me on that shot. It is long and heavy in my way of thinking but OK. I think these are about $250 new.