Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Scope for 22 >

Scope for 22

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Scope for 22

Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scope for 22

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

ORIGINAL: pnut

ORIGINAL: pnut

I have a cheap Simmons Deerfield 3x9 on my Ruger 10/22 and it's a tack driver.
Father in law gave me the scope as it was just collecting dust..
If it ever went south I would put a Nikon Prostaff 4x32 on it.
Sounds like we have the same setup. At 50 yards mine is a tack driver too. Really accurate.
I've upgraded to a Prostaff but just because that hand-me-down Deerfield I had was a little shady.
My two new Butler Creek 25rnd Hot Lips mags came in yesterday, can't wait to do some more plinking.
Do you have problems with those magazines being a lot harder to get to clip in than the normal one? I know I do with my Butler Creek Magazines. They are better than nothing but I wish they were a lot better quality than they are.
Don't seem to.
I tested both yesterday and they pop right in.
I have an extended mag release and they fall right out when I press the release. (Must have item that cost me $15 -free shipping)

What year is your 10/22 from?
http://ruger.com/Firearms/PS-SerialNumberHistory.html
I've heard of people having problems with the aftermarket mags on newer models.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is probably 4 years old or so. Not all that old. It works fine it's just that you have to push and wiggle to get it in there where as the factory one goes in fine. Not sure what the deal with it is. Seems to go in easier if you hold the magazine release and then push it in tight and then let go of it. I have the normal magazine release not the extended ones. It does come out just fine though. I've heard of others having this issue too but not sure what magazines they are using.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is probably 4 years old or so. Not all that old. It works fine it's just that you have to push and wiggle to get it in there where as the factory one goes in fine. Not sure what the deal with it is. Seems to go in easier if you hold the magazine release and then push it in tight and then let go of it. I have the normal magazine release not the extended ones. It does come out just fine though. I've heard of others having this issue too but not sure what magazines they are using.
I'd write Butler Creek and tell them your problem and they may replace it.