Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Scope suggestions for a RWS 34 Air Rifle >

Scope suggestions for a RWS 34 Air Rifle

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Scope suggestions for a RWS 34 Air Rifle

Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scope suggestions for a RWS 34 Air Rifle

Looking for a new scope for a RWS 34 Panther .22 cal. air rifle. Something like 3-9x 40mm or 4-12x 40mm. Will be used for targets and small game. Looking for something not extremely expensive, but something that will hold up for many years with the harsh reverse recoil of a break action air rifle.

I purchased a Center Point 3-9x 32mm airrifle scope last fall. Shot a few hundered rounds with it and it broke down. Sad part about it was that it came highly recommended by Pyramyd Air Gun Mall. That's the last time I take their advice, and the last time I buy a Center Point.
[/align]
Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scope suggestions for a RWS 34 Air Rifle

I bought the Gamo NRA edition air rifle over 2 years ago and it came with a BSA 4x32AO scope. I have put over a 1000 rounds through it and it still works great. At first I wasn't sure about it since it was a BSA and I really didn't know much about them but what I heard was just so so...I can't find fault with the one I have. Just my .02 worth...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought the Gamo NRA edition air rifle over 2 years ago and it came with a BSA 4x32AO scope. I have put over a 1000 rounds through it and it still works great. At first I wasn't sure about it since it was a BSA and I really didn't know much about them but what I heard was just so so...I can't find fault with the one I have. Just my .02 worth...

I just purchased a Gamo 1200 air rifle with 4xscope and the scope went belly up with about 25 rounds[:@] I can't believe I have to buy an extra rugged air rifle scope for this gun
Old 04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

On selecting a scope for an air gun the recoil dynamics are totally different form a center fire. It is usuallya distinct and "two-way", 180 deg.,m almost instantaneousshift in momentum due to the combined action of the plunger and the air blast. Sort of like a one-time, very short duration"shake" along the horizontal axis of the rifle. Unless a scope has been specifically designed for thisrecoil pattern it will generally not last long.

Try looking at thisweb site ... I think it is "Airgun Depot". Should be some good infor there.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Mojotex knows what he is talking about. DO NOT just use any scope on a spring gun, it will eventually fail. I have seen very expensive scopes turned to trash from a spring gun. I have everything up to Fienwerkbau air rifles and they should have "Air rifle" specific scopes monuted on them. I also prefer to higher magnification scopes on an air rifle.
Good luck
WW
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Spike

Try a nighteater from Legacy sports-they hold up