Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Scope Rings/Bases... What brand is better? >

Scope Rings/Bases... What brand is better?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Scope Rings/Bases... What brand is better?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Scope Rings/Bases... What brand is better?

I have a Remington model 700 mountain rifle (30-06). I also use a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40. I use warne bases with warne permanent rings in the LOW configuration. This snuggles that conquest right down low to the barrel, plenty of room for bolt operation. Very durable-VERY SEXY set up! Bricat
Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scope Rings/Bases... What brand is better?

I have Conetrol rings on a couple rifles and find they are unique in appearance but take’s time and patients to install...
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned

intresting
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

My preference is the dual dovetail system that Leupold uses. It really locks the rigs intot he base with no chance for movement. Whatever you use it's best to measure for the scope you have and get the lowest mounts you can so the scope sits as close to the barrel as possible without touching it.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Burris Signature Select "Zee" rings & their solid steel "weaver style" bases.

http://www.nextag.com/BURRIS/weaver-bases/brand-html
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Spike

Ain't no flies on Near Mfg. bases, rings and Alpha mounts.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Spike

Default rings

it depends on your scope, and what your looking for.
i like the quick detach UTG because they go on & off with ease usually without having to re sight your scope back in

check these ones out, there's a lot to choose from here

http://amzn.to/IzGTVJ
Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
My preference is the dual dovetail system that Leupold uses. It really locks the rigs intot he base with no chance for movement. Whatever you use it's best to measure for the scope you have and get the lowest mounts you can so the scope sits as close to the barrel as possible without touching it.
Same here, I have never had problems out of Leupold rings or bases. I have had issues with Burris however.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fritz,

Which Burris rings and bases have you had issues with ?

How many Burris rings and bases have you tried and which models ?

Lastly, which guns did you try them on.

The reason I ask is that I use Burris rings & bases on every scoped gun I own including; .223 AR, .243, 7MM RM, .338 WM and never had a problem.

Mainly, I want to avoid using the ones you were referring too !
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Fritz,

Which Burris rings and bases have you had issues with ?

How many Burris rings and bases have you tried and which models ?

Lastly, which guns did you try them on.

The reason I ask is that I use Burris rings & bases on every scoped gun I own including; .223 AR, .243, 7MM RM, .338 WM and never had a problem.

Mainly, I want to avoid using the ones you were referring too !
Sheridan, I am not sure what kind they were, they were already mounted on my Remington 700 SPS 300 ultra mag that I bought from a freind. When I got the rifle it would not shoot like I thought it should have, it had a Eagle Eye scope, which I never heard of so I naturally thought that was the problem, when I went to replace the scope I noticed both the front and rear rings were cracked, they were Burris rings. I still have them so as soon as I get home I will look at them and let you know what type they were. I will even get a photo to show the cracks. I replaced the rings and bases with Leupold, and the scope too. Now it is a tack driver.

Quick Reply: Scope Rings/Bases... What brand is better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.