Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Decisions decisions..... >

Decisions decisions.....

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Decisions decisions.....

Old 02-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Decisions decisions.....

check out a Pentax Lightseeker
Old 02-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Burris

Forever Warranty

[hr]

[align=left]All rifle and handgun scopes, Signature Binoculars, Signature Spotting scopes, and all rings and bases carry the Burris-exclusive Forever Warranty. If any of these products is ever found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Burris will, at our option, repair or replace it at no charge, even if you are not the original owner. [/align]

Old 02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nikon
Nikon Riflescope Guarantee
If any Nikon riflescope is found to have defects in workmanship or materials, Nikon will, at their option, repair or replace it at no charge, even if you are not the original owner. No time limit applies and no warranty card is required.
Nikon Binocular, Spotting Scope or Fieldscope
NO FAULT POLICY
If your Nikon binocular, spotting scope or Fieldscope requires service or repair not covered by our 25 Year Limited warranty, Nikon, Inc. will repair or replace it (even if it was your fault) for just $10, plus return shipping and handling.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Spike

Nikons' got a lifetime warranty on thier scopes, although I'm happy to say I've never needed it for any of mine.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Nolehoe

Ok, I realize that this is a topic that gets talked about alot (which is better?) but I have a few questions. All of these would be 3-9x40 or close to it.

I can get a Buckmaster for about the same price as a 3200 and I believe I can find a monarch for about the same price as a 4200. I've seen some opinions that favor the Nikon when compared to Bushnell but how do these four compare to one another? And how much of a price savings would you have to have to pick one brand over the other in each class? Is it worth it to get the bushnell for the rain guard?

I've also seen the browning version which I understand is just a 3200 on sale for $129 which sounds like a bargain but I don't won't to short myself if it is actually a lower quality scope?? I don't know if it is or isn't.

Something else to consider is the Burris brand, I've read alot of suggestions for the fulfield II
how would it compare?

And I've also heard good things about Vortex Binos but nothing about their scopes; again how would they compare?
[&:]
Have you tried a zeiss out,I got a 3.5x10x50 conquest for $479.00 from Doug at cameralandny.com top notch service it was a demo lifetime warranty he had a 3x12x56mm conqeust for $699.00 he will let you lay it away if you don't have all the funds it is the best scope I've looked threw so far,hope this was helpful to you........Ted