Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

bsa scopes

Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default bsa scopes

anyone use them for deer hunting? and if so I am looking into getting one and would like some feedback on them.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bsa scopes

I have heard nothing good about these scopes. I'm sure there fine on a 22, but Iwouldnt trust this on deer hunting rifle/ shotgun/ ml. Save a few bucks and getquality scope. Think of your guns and scopes as an investment, as long as you take care of it, it will probaly be around longer than you!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

actually this would be the first i have heard of them not being a good scope. do you have any experience with them or do you atleast have any stories from other people?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are cheap, But they will get the job done. I have them on my 17cal. and 22. I wouldn't put one on my deer rifle. Thats just me though.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just my opinion but I'd save and either look at the Bushnell Dawn to Dusk scopes or a Nikon Prostaff. Good scopes.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM

I have used several, never had one fail on me yet. However the optics are not the greatest, especially for the cheaper ones. If you get one of the more expensive models they are not half bad. I had a catseye on a slug gun and Inline muzzle loader. One of my buddies liked it so much he went and got one and replaced a cheaper Leupold with it. And the scope I had I ended up giving to another buddy. We set up an inline ML for him and ask him what scope he wanted. He said he wanted mine, asked if he wanted a model just like mine and he said no, he wanted the one off my gun. I think he was joking, but I did it anyway. It's still on the gun and working fine.

I do know of someone that had one fail, it wouldn't track right out of the box and he couldn't get it sighted in. He called BSA and they told him to send it in and they would replace it. A few days after he mailed it they called and told him they didn't have any of that model available to ship out, so they let him pick a different one from the next model line up and they would ship him that one instead. A few weeks after he got the new scope another one came in the mail. It was the model he originally had. It had a note with it saying he could keep both scopes and they were sorry about any inconvenience he may have had because of it.

Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

The cheaper ones are just that, cheap. However they are no different from a cheap tasco, barska, simmons or anything else. They are pretty much made in the same place anyway I bet, they just get a different name put on them.

If I were to get a cheaper scope right now it would most likely be a Bushnell, the Banners are pretty nice for the money. I have had pretty good luck with the cheaper Bushnell's compared to the simmons, tascos and others.

My opinion anyway.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

was looking at getting one of these.

http://www.bsaoptics.com/scope.aspx?product=78

http://www.bsaoptics.com/scope.aspx?product=28

if you any suggestions in the same price range i will listen. I have a single shot .243 for deer hunting and the cheap ass scope that came on it wont sight in. reticle shifts back and fourth. thanks again guys
Old 01-28-2008, 05:11 AM

Truth be known,probably more people use them and wouldn't admit to
it for fear of being put down as they did to me on here..
I have used them with out any problems what so ever...I used the
big target models with the dot in the center and adjutable turrets as
well..I thought they worked great for the money..
Hell,if thats what you want,get it and don't worry about...I think you
will be alright...Johnny
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a tasco world class on my muzzleloader and it is surprisingly a good scope for the money- I think i paid 50 dollars for it.I was blown away by the clarity and detail at darkness(the thick swamps inFlorida get dark quickly in the evening). I only hunt with the scope for 9 days a season-the rest of the time i hunt with my rifle with a Leupold VX2 scope. Alot of price difference in the scopes and not very much difference in features IMO.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

several years ago i bought a new 22-250 and toppedit off witha BSA 4x12x50 and that scope didnt last two weeks and the guts started coming loose. i exchanged it for another one and after about 75 to 100 rounds of factory loads it fogged up. my moms boyfriend had one on a 270 and he couldnt wait to switch it out. wouldn't hold zero. so far thats three that i have been around and three that weren't worth using as a paper weight. sjsfire said to go with a bushnell and that is about as good advice as one can get. they arent real expensive and they last forever. i have a 6x18x50 that i have had on four different rifles and have never had an ounce of problem with it.

Quick Reply: bsa scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.