Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 tough decision for my new scope??!! >

tough decision for my new scope??!!

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

tough decision for my new scope??!!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 PM

Default tough decision for my new scope??!!

I am looking at getting either a Nikon Monarch, Burris Signature Select, or a Zeiss Conquest. I have about 400-450$ to spend.I will be mounting it on a 300wby mag and will need to take up to 500yd shots (hunting open areas out west). I need some ideas so I can narrow my choices down.

Thx
Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tough decision for my new scope??!!

I can't speak for the new Nikon Monarchs or the Burris Signature, but my conquests have held up very well. I look forward to getting another this spring.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you had the opportunity to look thru them to make a comparison...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

What power? I think the monarch would be the best choice. It or the Burris offer a 3-12 which if you need longer ranges I would think you would want a step above 9 power. The zeiss would be the best choice for a 3-9, but if your goung with more power, your talking well over $500 in the zeiss.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ZEISS
Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nikon, or Bushnell
Old 01-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

ZEISS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 AM

Bought 2 new Nikon Monarchs last year before deer season. They are the new side focus models. I really like the Nikons quality. The Zeiss might have better glass but you will get more scope for the money in a Nikon Monarch. Plus, most folkscannot tell the difference in the glass quality anyway. For the normal shooter, it is a moot point.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I own a Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 and a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40. In my opininion the Zeiss is a better product in all aspects. The look, the image quality, & tracking of adjustment. I was so impressed with the Zeiss I bought a 4.5-14X44 for my 25-06. I removed a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10X50AO from this rifle. I haven't used a new VX-III but compared to the Vari-X III the conquest surpasses it. I do not think the Nikon Monarch to be a bad scope & I bought mine new for $199.99 on closeout. I just don't think it to be in the same league as the Conquest line of scopes. As for the Burris I have not owned one and only used very few when hunting with others and being able to shoot their firearms that had Burris' on them.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zeiss hands down... followed by Nikon then Burris. All will certainly work, but the optical quality of the Zeiss is better IMO. The Sig Select Burris has good glass too but, to me, it seemed big and bulky. Good luck in your selection.

Quick Reply: tough decision for my new scope??!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.