Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 what can you do if you don't have $$$ for a scope >

what can you do if you don't have $$$ for a scope

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

what can you do if you don't have $$$ for a scope

Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default what can you do if you don't have $$$ for a scope

I read all the threads and made a thread. Everyone always says to buy a scope for no less then $150, which I do agree with. But my problem is, even at good times I can't even afford cheap $50 scope (wife does the budget). It is great that yall gave me ideas for what type of scopes I may get a few years down the road. Also I did not pay over $300 for any of the rifles I own so I can't see putting a $200 - $300 scope on one of them. My point is, there has to be some desent brands of scopes out there for people like me who have a very tight budget.

Corey
Rifles I own:
Savage 110E 30-06
chinese type 56 SKS
ruger 96/22
Knight American knight 50 cal
browning Hi power (fig clone) 9mm
Old 09-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what can you do if you don't have $$$ for a scope

It sounds like you have 2 choices. Either trade for a gun with open sights or figure out how to get a scope.

I won't try to tell you how much to spend on a scope, but I also won't sympathize with you when buy a cheap one and it craps out. You should buy the best optics that you can afford, and if that is a used $25 cheapo, you can always upgrade as you can afford it.

I have a box in storage with some old scopes that came off guns that I have bought over the years, and I will see if I might have one you CAN afford.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say I am really say am I sorry about this post because right after I made it I figured out how to save up the money for beat stuff. I am only shot one scope, I have one on layaway., that is come out next weekend.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 AM

Put money aside every paycheck it might take long, but it will be worth it. Alot of people aren't well off unless there really rich, but alot of us have to put money aside or caught deals and discounts when they can. If it something you really want you will go through anything to work for it. You can do it corey i believe you can.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

You should buy the best optics that you can afford,
I second that! Optics are not something you can skimp on! Just my 2 cents!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldnt agree more, nothing is more important than good optics and its mounting hardware. Theres always a deal out there, trade a gun if you have to. You will never regret buying a scope that will last.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't hesitate to put at least twice the value of the rifle inthe price of a quality scope.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I wouldn't hesitate to put at least twice the value of the rifle inthe price of a quality scope.
So I got my ml for $40 so I can put an $80 scope on it.

just kidding, since I made this thread, I have been doing a lot of playing my budget, I am going to get cheap this year. (glasses suck) then upgrade every few months with better scopes. also, as early as a month to first of the year I will be doing a job change, making twice of what I am now, for same job and less stress.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with everyone myself in not buying a cheap scope,I've shot them all my life and there no good at first and last light,and plus I want to know for sure what I am shooting at so I chose the zeiss conqeust 3.5x10x50 plus if I go to alaska or saskatchewan I don't have to worry about the scope fogging and freezing..........Ted
Old 09-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a scope on layaway right now a tasco world class 3-9 X 50. I put on layaway before I joined. but I did say I was going to upgrade next year. the scope I have right now is a tasco 3-9 x 40 or 50 I am not to sure, I got it with my 30-06 win I bought it 10 years ago so I am not sure how old it is I bought the gun used.

Quick Reply: what can you do if you don't have $$$ for a scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.