Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Clearidge Optics? >

Clearidge Optics?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Clearidge Optics?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Spike

Default Clearidge Optics?

Has any one seen one or tried one? They seem to offer some nice features for the price. Some people on a different forum said they really like them. Their website is www.clearidgeoptics.com.

Deerfollower
Old 03-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Clearidge Optics?

I've never heard of them. They might sell a good product, but I won't waste money on cheap scopes again.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Spike

Timber,

What do you consider a cheap scope? I contacted the company and they are manufactured in Japan which sounds like quality to me and they offer a full transferable lifetime warranty. If that is the case, it sounds like a good product and they stand behind it. Their Ultra RM (rimfire model) tested very positive again the Leupold VX-II 3-9x33 EFR. You may want to read some of the reviews and testimonies on their website.

Deerfollower
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

As I said, they may have a very good product. Someone posted a link about them several weeks ago and got very little response. There are some very good scopes made in Japan, and some very poor ones can also be found. Anybody can write reviews, and who did the comparison test? Buy a couple of them, and I hope they serve you well.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: deerfollower

You may want to read some of the reviews and testimonies on their website.

Deerfollower
Testimonies are for late night infomercials. You don't see Leupold posting testimonials as they do not need to. Their reputation speaks for itself.

I live by the old cliches... "you get what you pay for", or "You get no free lunch". Think back how true that is.

It might compare to the "Leupold XXXXX" but it is not, and what it is comparing itself to.

Personally, I would not buy one no matter how sweet they sound, UNLESS it was from a retailer like Cabela's with a great return policy. On one hand, you may have discovered a great company many do not know about. Yet on the other, you may be kicking your ass later for wasting your hard earned $$$ on a scope from them...

Leupold, Nikon, Zeiss, Swarovski, Nightforce.... You just KNOW!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Clearidge is not a discount brand. It is a new scope being imported and sold by The Optic Zone, and is reported to be made by the same place that makes many of the other higher end Japanese scopes. As reported earlier, they offer a lifetime transferrable warranty. The Optic Zone is a sponsor on several forums and the owneris a stand up guy. I bought a Bushy 4200 from them and was very pleased with both the price and the service.

The scopes sound very nice, but even their lowest cost model is more than I usually want to pay for a scope. The scopes are marketed as similar in quality as the Monarch, 4200, etc. but at a slightly lower price.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't heard of them, but my personal wiring is such that I'd stick with an established brand, all things being equal.

I saw a Bushnell Elite 4200 in 3-9x40 today for $184.95: you can't beat that with a small stick. I've seen better scopes, but only for a lot more money than that.

If you can look through a Clearidge and some others side-by-side, let your eyes be the judge, and your pocketbook and instincts can be the jury!

Good Luck,

FC
Old 03-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Where did you see the 3-9x40 4200 for that cheap? I would have a hard time stopping myself from buying another one at that price
Old 03-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: smokey262

Where did you see the 3-9x40 4200 for that cheap? I would have a hard time stopping myself from buying another one at that price
It was in the latest catalog from Natchez Shooting Supplies. I haven't seen it on their online page, but I did a triple-take when I saw that section a few pages into the catalog.

FC
Old 03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Spike

I agree with you smokey. I have purchase a few scopes from The Optic Zone and have had very good service and the price was the best I could find.

Well, I figured I would try one of their Clearidge scopes so I purchased an Ultra XP 4.5-14x40. I got the scope and have to say that it is one outstanding scope. It has nice features and the turrets are very nice to turn. So far, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Deerfollower

Forgot to mention.Hinkleid, I see Leupold has their own infomercial also, http://www.leupold.com/corporate/testimonials/testimonials.php