Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Swarovski Spotting Scope >

Swarovski Spotting Scope

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Swarovski Spotting Scope

Old 02-16-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Swarovski Spotting Scope

I have set my sights on a new spotting scope as I have sold my B&L Elite 15-45X60. I will be getting a Swarovski. My question is this is the 20-60X65 mm all I will ever need?? I have a line on a 20-60x65 mm HD and an 20-60x80mm also that are good buys. Are the HD and the 80mm worth the extra money?? You can only tell so much inside a store. Any info would be appreciated. It will be used primarliy for deer but I also hunt Antelope and Sheep when drawn.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 PM

Default RE: Swarovski Spotting Scope

The larger objective does get you more veiwing time at low light. But it is heavier. There is a new trend in spotting scopes to smaller size like the leupold that has a 50mm objective. If I were sheep hunting, I ouwld go forlight weight. But the 80mm swaro is awfully nice
Old 03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Swarovski 20x60 x65mm. spotting scope. I bought the 65mm. because the overall size of the 80mm. was much larger. After I compared the two head to head my choice was an easy one. The quality of glass in the standard model verses the HD??? I honestly could not tell the difference in quality.
I also compared the Swarovski, Leica & Zeiss head to head, before I bought my Swarovski. I picked the Swarovski because I like the adjustments better on it then the Leica. The overall size of the Zeiss was larger than the Swarovski. Iprefered the 45-degree angle on the Swarovski eyepiece also.
If you get the 45-degree angled eyepiece, it will rotate so you can adjust it for a better fit, if you use a window mount? The 45-degree eyepiece is also nice if you are sheep/mountain goathunting. You can set your spotting scope up on a small tri-pod & glass for sheep/goats while you lay flat on the ground. As a person that has sheep hunted, I can tell you this is a real added bonus.
I bought my spotting scope 5-years ago. The cost of optics has gone up every year since then. I know I madea good purchase back then. My spotting scope will last me a lifetime.

Best of luck,

WK
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

I have a couple of Swarovski ATS 80 HD's and absolutely love them. They work great out west searching the plains to the dark timber as well as home at the range. I have a few friends that once they look through them they are not so happy with their brands. Yes they are exspensive but they are among the best made and I consider them an investment. Like wolf killer said the prices keep going up.