Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

SWFA?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Default RE: SWFA?

ORIGINAL: mudtutl

[align=left]Purchased a scope from this company through the Internet on Friday. Email from them today says the scope is on backorder. Anybody have good or bad experiences with this company? I'm not worried yet, but it's my first purchase from them.[/align]
Coincidentally, I just ordered a scope today as well...only to receive an email stating that is was also on back order. Considering the fact that I saved around $75 by ordering it through SWFA, I can afford to be alittle patient. Their Nikon sale prices are OUTSTANDING !!!

By the way, I ordered the Nikon Monarch 2-7*32mm for about $220 including shipping. The cheapest I could find anywhere else was about $260 from MidSouth Shooting Supplies excluding shipping.

Again, SWFA has a terrific sale going on FWIW.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM

My purchase was also a Nikon Monarch, but the 3-9x40 variety. It'll sit on my new 25-06 Ruger Mk II that I also got on sale. Nothing like winter white sales!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

SWFA has always had a good rep, from comments noted on several websites over the years. Chris (assuming it's the same Chris from SWFA), handled optics questions at the defunct Shooters.com forums several years ago and seems to know his stuff.

I've been fairly lucky at finding optics locally at good prices, so have never used them yet.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:53 PM

I ALSO JUST ORDERED 3 SCOPES FROM SWFA(BURRIS 1.5-4 HANDGUN,BUSHNEL HOLOSIGHT, BSA 4-16 MIL DOT) ALL ON BACK ORDER.
OUT OF 5 ITEMS LENS CAPS WERE ONLY ITEM NOT BACK ORDERD
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, personally I've had no desire to buy from them since they registered the site theopticszone.com which is just one letter different than another site called theopticzone.com. I thought that was a little low class, though I'm sure it's probably done all the time. Besides, there are other places you can buy optics, including the aforementioned theopticzone.com, that have prices and service that are just as good if not better.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:40 AM

I just bought a monarch(nikon) 3x9x40 from swfa. I had it in 3 days from Texas. The service was fast and didn't have a problem at all. Seem to be a really good company.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: NY ARCHER

I just bought a monarch(nikon) 3x9x40 from swfa. I had it in 3 days from Texas. The service was fast and didn't have a problem at all. Seem to be a really good company.
When did you order it?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 AM

I ordered itjan 8. at 9:42 pmand had it on the 12 of jan. I just looked at the order e-mail to give you the time frame of from when i ordered to when i got it. I'm giving it as a gift for my brother. and it was only 218.00 to be exact+shipping. I just hope it's a good scope!! I got 1 for christmas...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: NY ARCHER

I ordered itjan 8. at 9:42 pmand had it on the 12 of jan. I just looked at the order e-mail to give you the time frame of from when i ordered to when i got it. I'm giving it as a gift for my brother. and it was only 218.00 to be exact+shipping. I just hope it's a good scope!! I got 1 for christmas...
It's a great scope. Read some previous threads about the Nikons and you'll find many shooters who compare them favorably with the Leupold VXII & III. I boughta Nikon Monarch a year ago after comparing it to the VXII. After one hunting season I'm not dissapointed, andI'm putting the same scope on a new rifle. I went with the Nikoplex reticle, so I can't tell you anything about the BDC reticle. If you google it, though, you'll find some info, including here on Huntingnet.

SWFA has a great deal, but I think you got my scope.I ordered mine a few days after you and you apparently got the last one in stock. I'm sure your brother will like it. If not, let me know and I'd be glad to take it off his hands.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:22 AM

Not a problem... I'll let you know if he doesn't like it.

And sorry for getting the last 1. I guess they put you on backorder. Good luck with it.