Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Who makes the best scope available? >

Who makes the best scope available?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Who makes the best scope available?

Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 AM

Default RE: Who makes the best scope available?

My buddy has at least one of each of the best(Swarovski, Ziess, Smidt and Bender, etc)

He says the Ziess Diavari 3x12x56-30mm is the best !!

I have a Diavari 3x9x42-1" and my Swarovski 3x12x50-30mm isbetter but it is bigger !! I still would not say it's a lot better....those Diavari's are real good !!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:07 PM

I see Swaro has a new line coming out that has 6x magnification range and it doesn't look like it cost them much in terms of weight or eye relief. It might be a contender for the best scope. Hows a 2-12 sound?

However I always thought that choosing optics was a little like looking for good wine. Each gun and application requires a carefull balance of size weight, magnification, clarity, brightness durability and other specialized features like adjustable AO, illuminated reticle or target turrets. These criteria are unique to each of us.

For exampleif I were setting up a rem model 7 in 308 I might go for a 1.5x6x40( looking for brightness and low magnification for the close dark woods I hunt) and the next guy might choose a 2.5x8x32 (for its compact size and better high end magnification because he carries his rifle in a more open area)

Coupled with this that few of us can do a top end Zeiss or Swaro on every rifle in the safe. So we try to choose the best scope for what we do at a price that we can afford for that particular application.

As for me my choices change from time to time. Some of this is price driven. Right now its a great time to buy Monarchs as they seem to be heavily discounted. 6 months ago the mostscope for the under 250 range probably was a Burris Fullfield II. At $400 the Conquest is a strong contender.. It just depends upon what its worth to you and what features you like in a scope.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Ziess ( not conquest )

Swarovski

Smit /Bender

Nightforce ( grate long Range Scopes )
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sworovski is the best glass available.....
For North American Hunting,Leupold is the best optic for the price
Where hunting is dawn till dusk, and climate offers extreme temp variations.....
Leupolds are Tough and Rugged Bright, and backed up with great warranty...

Old 01-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I like Zeiss lenses.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:09 PM

Leupold

best of luck

Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

My buddy has at least one of each of the best(Swarovski, Ziess, Smidt and Bender, etc)

I have a Diavari 3x9x42-1" and my Swarovski 3x12x50-30mm isbetter but it is bigger !! I still would not say it's a lot better....those Diavari's are real good !!
I have a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56 with a 30mm tube. It is definitely the most expensive scope that I have, but I prefer my Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 to it.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

I have a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56 with a 30mm tube. It is definitely the most expensive scope that I have, but I prefer my Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 to it.
Why?Because I just bought one and I am waiting for the new Sako finnlight to put it on! I really like the conquest but have never looked through the Diavari, Is the conquest better?
Elmer
Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Leupoold 3.5 by 10 on my Remington 700model 7mm Mag. MY BABY!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Swarovski is the best.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best scope available?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.