Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Ziess Conquest, Nikon Monarch, or Meopta ? >

Ziess Conquest, Nikon Monarch, or Meopta ?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Ziess Conquest, Nikon Monarch, or Meopta ?

Old 01-09-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Ziess Conquest, Nikon Monarch, or Meopta ?

I think I will put a 3x12x56 30mm scope on my new rifle.........which one of these scopes does best for the price ? Low light performance is most important to me.......but adjustments(and what not) are important also !!

I am leaning toward going ahead and plopping down the big bucks for a Z-Diavari 3x12x56-30..........but I have a smaller Diavari and while I think it's awesome.......can't really justify the price compared to my Dad's Monarch (although I have really only played with them a little........have not actually taken them on a hunt to compare side by side) !!

I have heard the Meopta's are just as good as high end Zeiss and Swaravski ! Know the Monarch's are good scopes for the money(looking at the Monarch Gold). Haven't tried a Ziess Conquest out in the field ! Not a Luepold fan for the money so save the typing !!

BTW........leaning hard toward a Browning A-bolt II .280 sythetic blued if it matters !!! Would like to hear from anyone who has tried two or more of these in the field or owns more than one of these.......for comparison !! Thanks for any help !!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ziess Conquest, Nikon Monarch, or Meopta ?

Zeiss would be my first choice,I love mine...
Old 01-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Spike

I have never really looked at the Meopta scopes, I stopped scope shopping when I came across the Zeiss Conquest. The Conquestline isabsolutely remarkable. I have the 3.5-10x44 on a 300 WSM, a 3-9x40 on a .270 Win, and a 4.5-14x44 on an AR15 .223.They haveoutstanding optics, a wide field of view, repeatable turrets, durable finish, and great looks. The list could go on and on. I think the Conquest is the best scope value... PERIOD I have had quite a few scopes over the years to include Leupold, Nikon, Burris, Redfield, and Sightron and every one of them was sold to be eventually replaced by Conquests.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:01 AM

Well been looking and looking !! Read that Meopta probably makes the Glass for the Conquests(??) !

Most reviews say the Meopta is almost as good as the high end Ziess and Swarovski's !! Most say they are better than the Conquests.......for $100-$200 less !!

I can get a 3x12x56 30mm Meostar for $700 ! But I can also get a Monarch Gold 3x12x56 30mm for $550 ! Conquest is up toward $1000 !
Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Monarch is a great scope, and the sale prices floating around are real tempting. I love my Diavari, but I'm thinking about getting one of the Monarch scopes for my grandson.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Monarch Nikon Gold 1.5-6 x 42 mm and find it’s excellent in low light conditions. Just a note, the 2.5-10 x 56 mm does weight a considerable amount more at 23.6 oz compared to other scopes. Maybe something to think about...
Old 01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well been looking and looking !! Read that Meopta probably makes the Glass for the Conquests(??) !
They do. If you dig a bit deeper, and it looks like you did, you will see many similar comments among the various optics review/hunting forums on the web.

Meopta isn't well known in the states but they are the largest optics manufacturer in Europe. They make quite a few of the optics found in a variety of the European binoculars, scopes, etc... I have no experience with their riflescopes but have used their spotting scopes and binoculars. The binoculars I currently own are in the same performance class as the Leica Trinovids and Swarovski SLCs. They are that good.

Probably the only negative I heard in reference to them is the weight. They are reported to be a bit heavier than some of the other scopes on the market.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:14 AM

Thanks !! I am going to go with the Meopta's and risk it .......unless I go with a new deal I saw on a 3x12x50 Swarovski PV for $1000 !!

Wonder how a Meopta 3x12x56-30mm would stack up against a 3x12x50 PV Swarovski(didn't look to see if it was a 1" or 30mm ) ???
Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

That I cannot help you with. I have experience with their optics and their customer service (outstanding) but not their riflescopes in particular.

I look forward to hearing your comments on the scope when you receive it.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:55 AM

If I go with the Meopta I can test it easily !!

I am going to Alabama sometime in the next 2 weeks for my last hunt of the year and if I hunt at my buddies place.......he's an optic's nut !! I can test the Meopta against Diavari's, Swarovski's, Conquests, Luepold's........he's got all of them !!

Quick Reply: Ziess Conquest, Nikon Monarch, or Meopta ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.