Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Indoor Worlds Yardage

Old 03-16-2005, 08:38 PM

Default RE: Indoor Worlds Yardage

we still havent answered dspells question MBR shoots from the GREEN!! stake
Old 03-17-2005, 06:48 AM

Please check out the Cleveland BowPro/Judy thread for yardage answer.
Pete
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 PM

The entry forms say 30 and 50 approximate yards. I thought it was a done deal. I guess I will have to ask when I get their saturday. Iam glad I didnt change my setup to shoot 50. My ultratec is shooting 493 fps and I have one pin set at 14and1/2 yds. I just hold it in the middle and at 5yards it hits the top of the 11 and at 46 yards it hits the bottom of the 11. And thats on a turkey. At 50 it drops about 1/2 inch out of the 11. Maybe I should set it at 15yds or go to a lighter arrow. Iam shooting a 843 grain 2018 on 32 pounds. I might go to 35 pounds and a 2216.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:54 PM

I'm gonna order me one of those super sonic ultratecs tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:35 AM

Bemtshaft,

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP YOUR DREAMING or did you buy a MATHEWS.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:48 AM

In Cleveland there are the white numbers that let you know where you shoot and there are yellow numbers that tell you what number to shoot at. The white numbers are set for approximately 35 yard Maximum and the yeallow number are set for 50 yard maximum. The classes that shoot maximum 35 yards shoot at the targets with the white numbers and everyone else shoots at the Yellow numbered targets. Everyone shoots from the same shooting line and there are positions for 2 shooters at each target.
I was there yesterday and shot and the shooting conditions were not perfect but most of the people that I talked to that had finished were satisfied with the setup. Everyone had to shoot under the same conditions so no one had an advantage. It is the Best Indoor World Championship for the IBO that there is and the work to set up is very difficult to say the least.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:52 PM

fastfletch, Come on and be honest. I realize that they effort and the shoot is very well organized and Parma and the IBO do a great job. However, the word I am hearing is that the lighting and and temps could have been a lot better. Actually the were horrible, horrible for every member that shot.(Same bad conditions for all) Remember this is not an outside shoot where we can not control conditions. Lights and heat are two things that can be controled. The IX Center needs to be held accountable for the situation. This shoot is a great chance for the IBO to get some exposure and they get put in the closet in the IX Center for no one to see. Remeber they need us, we don't need them. I think something needs to be done except for a spot on the main floor next year.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:04 PM

How much do you think that Parma pays for the floor space that they have.

If the only way that the IX Center receives any payment for the floor space is the ticket sales fo the show what makes you think that they need the Parma Archery Club at all.

With out having any contact with the responsible people from the IX Center I would guess that the shoot is held there on a space available basis. If all of the main floor is being rented by vendors why would they make a special effort to accomadate the Parma Archery club who will be using the floor space for set up, the shoot, tear down etc. over more than the 3days of shooting.

The conditions were as good as any 3D shoot that I have been to this year at home and we have had a shoot every week since the 2nd week in January. Our average is just about 100 a week as of now in all kinds of weather. Arlchery is not a spectator sport and maybe the Cleveland show is the best proff of that and yet it is still the biggest indoor 3D shoot going that I know of. Saturday and Sunday were both sold out for shooting times and yet the conditions were publicised in advance by the IBO office and the Forum. This is not the first time that the conditions have been less that what we would all like to compete
in but I think that Parma Archery Club has voiced their desire for better conditons to the IX Management.

Wanting better conditions is not wrong and we would all like to shoot under perfect lighting and warm room with no noise. How much do you think archers would be willing to pay to have these conditions.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:31 PM

[:'(]fastfletch, you cut me deep and long when you mentioned the "M"word! I guess I did kinda set myself up for it though. [:'(]
Old 03-20-2005, 05:35 PM

Sorry about using the "M" word.
If nothing else you can chalk up a smile from me.
Good luck and good shooting.