Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO Travel Agent

Old 12-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default IBO Travel Agent

I don't see the IBO travel agent on the IBO page. It's only a few weeks to the Southern Triple Crown and need to make lodging arrangements. Same thing for the National Tripple Crown. When will it be available? Or did I miss something?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IBO Travel Agent

Just wondering the same thing,I have all my rooms but Erie,and can not find one.Was hoping to call Nittany,but don't see them any longer.Need to find room for Erie soon.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:54 AM

contact Bennett's Archery the host club for the first leg of the southern triple crown as they have some cabins on site for a very good price and they can also tell you of a couple of good hotels close by just off of I-65 at the highway 14 exit near Prattville that has good rooms and excellent food nearby as well. I can hardly wait for Wetumpka as Camp Chandler was very challenging and the range officials were very good and always there when we needed them. The Bennets and staff do an excellent job of putting on a great shoot! Hope to see all of you there again this year.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:55 AM

If you are going to the Rome, Ga. shoot, book a room at the Holiday Inn Skytop, as the rooms are good and the prime rib buffet is excellent!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:37 AM

Unfortunately, Nittany is not arranging rooms any longer. It got to be a problem getting paid by the motels.
Some of you might recognize the offer of the motel to give you the room for a couple bucks less a nite?????
Well, when you accept that the travel agent does not get paid for the reservation. Technically at the point you accept the change the reservation made by the travel agent is no longer valid. Since that reservation was cancelled they just happen to have a room open. So-o-o they do not have to pay the travel agent for that room.
Terri did the work, got the rooms, got you a reservation. Then the motel plays a game and do not pay the travel agent!
We all have heard or seen this. I know I have heard the complaints from shooters that got rooms for less. But now we all have to make our own arrangements.
I will get a list of motels for all the shoots asap and get them posted. I am also going to speak with the chambers of commerce in the towns that we attend and see about group rates.
ken12
Old 12-29-2004, 08:35 PM

Check out the Holiday Inn Express in Findley Lake, NY if you need a place to stay for the Erie shoot. We stayed there last year & were only about 20 minutes from the shoot. The parking lot was fairly empty & we didn't see anyone else carrying bowcases, etc. like other places we've stayed for the national shoots. I'm not afraid to let the secret out because we've already got our reservations.