Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 SENIOR HUNTER CLASS & BOD MEETING >

SENIOR HUNTER CLASS & BOD MEETING

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

SENIOR HUNTER CLASS & BOD MEETING

Old 09-15-2004, 01:35 PM

Default SENIOR HUNTER CLASS & BOD MEETING

Ken

Was the suggestion for a new class for Senior Hunter brought up and was there any discussion on the subject. The 22 people who made their opinions known prior to the BOD meeting may want to know what was said and what needs to be done to give this further consideration. 10% of the total people shooting at the world were seniors and it is anticipated that this class will be growing more each year. I think that the majority of the BOD as I know them are eligable to shoot in the senior class so this may add to any understanding of age groups that may be necessary.

Is there a published minutes of the BOD meeting that is available and if so how can it be obtained.

Thank you for the information.

Doug Brisbane
Old 09-15-2004, 06:57 PM
ej

Default RE: SENIOR HUNTER CLASS & BOD MEETING

It was discussed but at this time nothing has actually been given to the bod showing there is that much interest. There have been 23 responses on here I know 3 for sure do not shoot the senior class and have no way of knowing if there are any others, the forum is a good place for ideas to be expressed but not for a vote you need to show the board a petition of seniors or as was stated in another post e-mail with your IBO number. With 31 classes for people to shoot in we must see numbers to justify creating another class, if you could get as many SENIORS to e-mail or take the time to send a letter to the office you would have a better chance of getting what you want. Except for 4 people on the board evreyone else could shoot the seniors class so it is not a case of young not listning to the old it just hasn't been done the way it needs to be done.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:26 PM

ej

Thank you for your response. At the world I shot the mcbh and have had contact with many of the shooters in the the Trophy and Money division. Based on my discussion with a few of the people in the senior divisions I came to the conclusion that there was a lot of interest in the Seniors and MCBH having some kind of study or informational survey taken to see if there is a need for something to keep the interest of the older members who each year find physical limitation beyond their control. Everyone wants to compete to the best of their abilities but being able to participate is more important. The number of elder shooters will continue to grow only if we can participate and still look respectable on the score boards. To just make another class would be irresponsible with out first determining what would be the best plan now and in the future to make the game fun and competitive in some way.
Maybe this is something that the State Reps could assist with by taking a survey of seniors and soon to be seniors regarding their future plans. These are only suggestions but I think that the more people that get involved the better plans can be formulated.
It is only one class where there may be future changes made. A large class that is getting larger should show some direction. If you can start something rolling and it keeps getting bigger you may be keeping old members in as well as attactracting new members. Ford and Chevy don't make all the models that they do because they only want to appeal to a few groups of people. If the IBO keeps growing in the competitive division and more people like what they have they may tell their friends. Once you reach the top the only direction left isn't good.
Some people have to lead and many more have to follow. The leaders have the responsibility of doing the best job possible of convincing the followers that they are going in the right directions and the future holds much promise.

Thanks again and good luck in the new shooting year.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:33 PM
ej

I don't disagree I'm one of the one's that could shoot the class. When you talk to these people have a piece of paper in hand and tell them to sign it. We have to keep in mind what happens past putting in a class, every time you add a class you add expense to clubs holding shoots, larger shoots not much of a problem but it is to a smaller shoot that has to offer all classes and have awards for all of them. A senior hunter could be a big class but that means it made a couple of other classes smaller maybe to the point of elimination these are just a couple of the reasons for seeing the numbers. I will be honest I have mixed feelings about it. I feel at 35yds I could compete with anybody and I need reading glasses just like everyone else but your shooting well known targets and can use binoculars so I'm one of the one's you need to show me the numbers so I know I 'm the only one that feels that way.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:34 AM

ej,

I am no expert on the subject and I to think that the numbers from many places would be the correct way to go. The senior class is different in many cases than any other class in that you are dealing with people who have established their position in the game and may no longer be able to compete with the other people they shoot against due to physical or other circumstances beyond their control. One of the things that most of these people never loose is their pride.
In the area that I live our league covers a large geographic area and there are five clubs that compete in the league. We have a person in our league that has developed a web cite that gives a history as well as a public interest connection on the innernet that could be something that may help other clubs build an organization. I will try to give you a link at the end of this thread for you to look at if you think that it could have possibilities. I think that any area may have clubs that need organization more than anything else and something like this may help.
I am sending this as a personal message rather than tie up the forum with something that may not be worth while for other areas.
This link will give you or anyone a history of a large group of archers and is something that has been developed over a few years. During this developement it has helped keep people interested and has grown into a thing that many people look forward to each week.
Thanks for you time and I hope that you check out this link and let me know what you think of this and the concept.
Just as a side note I am trying to get these clubs to become IBO clubs but to date have not had much luck. One of the hinderances is the difference in the class system and a couple of individuals.

http://home.cqservices.com/wayne.h.reed/
Old 09-19-2004, 04:26 PM
BOS

Fasstfletch,

I just wanted to say good luck with the SHC, but that I am not getting a good vibe from the IBO on this new class.
Just Kind of curious about ej's comments.... on forum interest and petitions from interested IBO members. I am not eliegible to shoot the SHC class yet, but I think it would be one of the better moves that the IBO could make. And I also think my vote should count. JMO....
Also the IBO just recently added the Money Hunter Class, which I never heard any talk of or interest indicated on the forum or ranges about this class or seen any petition request. Just kind of strange. I guess that's where I get the bad vibe.... seems like two different standards.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:44 AM

BOS,
You point out the exact reference ej made.
What is read on the forums is not always the same that we hear at the shoots and from correspondence from the shooters, or from a preponderance of comments.
I know this will sound very strange, but sometimes what each of us desires is not what others desire.
ken12
Old 09-20-2004, 10:45 AM

Hi fasstfletch and ej , a SHC class would be great because as the IBO grows older so does it's membership with all of the limitations as has been discussed here. But I just can't figure out why the dragging of the feet to create this class, just this year they added more classes to other divisions, ie; long bow, re-curve, and trd. , this is really splitting hairs isn't it?? Oh yeah there is still the MCU. I really don't think that the IBO will let the Seniors have a 35yd Hunter class, it just seems to be a mindset against it for some reason. Maybe someone needs to start a new BOWHUNTING Organization!!!!

I would shoot it if they make it!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:56 AM

Lee, I admit your grasp of the situation does impress me.
No new classes were added in the traditional styles. New names for their classes, and they streamlined and clarified the rules , but no new classes.
What on earth could MCU have to do with a senior hunter class?
A class is generated by input to the board. I know the forums feel they are in general the pulse of the games in archery, but in reality they are often driven on a particular subject by a very few corresponders. I explained that above.
I would also like to let you know, we have recieved replys against the addition of this class, by potential participants.
But, if apotentially viable number of potential senior hunter shooters express the interest I believe it may be looked at positively by the board.
I would ask that this topic not be soured by a turn to the dark side. That can not help promote the idea one little bit.
ken12
Old 09-21-2004, 03:00 PM

I agree with BowPro, this must be a preponderance of members in support of the class to make it happen. What I don't aree with is, why we have to ask for the support? Everyone knows there is a large interest in this class,just from talking to members at various shoots. It seems to me that the IBO itself should send out a survey to all members, as how to improve the current organization, with this class being one of the proposed changes. I am sure there is alot of excellent feedback out there that should be considered. Respectfully, rcher.

Quick Reply: SENIOR HUNTER CLASS & BOD MEETING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.