Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 11  or x?  425 1x ,425 2x  should haven been a shoot off !!! >

11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!

Old 06-01-2004, 04:04 PM

Default 11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!

It makes no since to have 11 counting as points ,and tie brakes.
If i shoot 425 20x get beat with same score 425 but?21 x's who shot better? This needs to be a shoot off no matter how its looked at.
One shooter shot one more 11 ring ,but the other shooter shot one less 8 or 5.
Look at it this way 400 no x's all 10 rings 400 20x's with two blanks on his score card .who shot better?It seems to me there both equally good.
One for shooting all 10 rings the other for shooting enough x rings to come back to an even 400?
i'd like to here some oppions.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:37 PM

Default RE: 11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!

I think everything is working just fine how it is. The IBO will never make everyone happy. I think that's impossible! But, if you take a look at what you said, If two people came in with the same score, one person shot clean by shooting all 10's, and the other person shot a 400 but missed a two targets, I think he still deserves to be at a 400, because he still shot 20 targets better then that other shooter. I think having the 11 ring is more rewarding. And in my opinion, the guys that are shooting above 400's were already shooting in the high 380's and low 390s before they started counting the 11's. But thats just my opinion. Hopefully more people will reply to this.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:49 PM

put yer seat belts awn boyz n gurls, it could get ugggly...........

that same debate will go on forever....if they counted x's and not 11 i would have got to the shoot down, if they didnt count them i wouldnt have made the cut........etc etc etc........the bottom line is this.......that is what the rules currently are....

in my opinion, i think the shooter who shot the fewest 8's and 5's clearly had a more consistent day, but the shooter with the most 11 rings shot more in the middle....hard to say who really had a better day....
Old 06-01-2004, 11:03 PM

I LIKE THE WAY IT IS NOW, UNTIL NOW, I THINK. THIS IS A VERY GOOD POINT YOU HAVE MADE, AND THE ONLY THING WE ARE GOING TO AGREE ON IS THAT WE ARE NOT GOING TO AGREE.

I DO BELIEVE THAT WE NEED TO STAY WITH RULES WHEN THEY ARE MADE, I DON'T THINK ANYONE LIKES TO HAVE TO CARRY A RULE BOOK WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES TO FIGURE THEM OUT. ALSO, IF THAT'S WHAT THE RULE STATES, THEN THAT'S WHAT IT IS. IN THIS CASE, I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN FEEL LIKE YOUR GETTING A RAW DEAL, I WOULD PROBABLY FEEL THE SAME WAY, ACTUALLY, I KNOW I WOULD. BUT, I KNOW I WOULD PROBABLY ALSO COME TO MY SENSES (NOT RIGHT THEN MIND YOU--I'M SURE I WOULD MANAGE TO PISS SOMEONE ELSE OFF AT THAT TIME (I'M GOOD AT THAT, WITHOUT MEANING TO BE)), AND I WOULD ACCEPT IT EVENTUALLY.

FIRST OFF, THINK OF HOW YOU WOULD FEEL IF THE SHOE WERE ON THE OTHER FOOT---YOUR DOWN, YOU WERE HUNG OVER THE DAY BEFORE AND DIDNT SHOOT AS GOOD AS YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE CAPABLE OF, THEN---THE NEXT DAY, YOU START DRIVING NAILS TO MAKE UP POINTS, YOU TIE SOMEONE ELSE'S SCORE, AND BEAT THEM BY ONE X-RING. YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE FEELING PRETTY GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF RIGHT ABOUT THERE, NOW WOULDN'T YOU? YOU JUST CAME FROM BEHIND TO WIN A SHOOT--MAYBE YOUR FIRST.

AFTER ALL, YOU CANT ARGUE WITH THE RULE BOOK, BECAUSE IT DOES'NT ARGUE BACK, AND THAT'S NO FUN. BUT, NOW THAT YOU BROUGHT IT UP, I DO KIND OF LIKE THE OLD WAY TOO, 400 MAX, X's BREAK TIES, PRETTY CUT AND DRY, BUT THAT'S ALSO THE WAY IT IS NOW, CUT AND DRY. ALTHOUGH THIS SITUATION IS HAS A LITTLE TWIST TO IT, BECAUSE THE MOST CONSISTANT SHOOTER DIDN'T WIN, BUT THE ONE WHO HIT THE CENTER THE MOST DID. AND AS WE ALL KNOW, YOU CAN NOT BE A CONSISTANT TEN-RINGER THESE DAYS AND WIN TOURNAMENTS, YOU GOTTA HAVE THOSE X-11'S---AND A LOT OF THEM.

JUST MY THOUGHTS, BUTCHB.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:38 AM

This argument can concieveably go back and forth forever. Both sides of the issue will have valid arguments. My own viewpoint would be that it is true that the individual who shoots a 400+ with fewer 11's is more consistantly hitting the 10 ring. However, the highest point value is in the 11 ring, and the individual with a higher 11 ring count is obviously hitting the 11 ring more consistantly. Said another way, the one with a lower 11 ring count, consistantly misses the 11 ring more often. Either way you look at it, if you are shooting that well, you should feel pretty good about your efforts. There has to be a system for breaking ties and I personally think the present system is as good as anything else. I will conceed that if I were to fail to win by the scenerio you describe, I would be disappointed. However, I would then realise that if I had hit just 1 more 11 ring the debate would be over. Time to try and pick up that extra point or two.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:39 AM

When you aim at a target you aim for the center. This gives you the most leeway incase your yardage is off a tad or your shot execution isn't perfect. The guy who hits the 11 ring made a better shot overall than a guy who is pushing the 10 line all day and should be rewarded for it. I shoot both IBO and ASA and like the gamble of shooting for the 12. Sure you fall into afew but if you are short on yardage you pay the price ! Rules are rules and everyone has to follow them regardless.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:29 PM

Well i did not win,but
it seems funny to me to count the center as two scores
x or points ether or.
x was a tie brake 400 and x's now you can shoot crappy for a few.
i did shoot mid 80's and up plus x count in HC but moved back to MBR.
i just think maybe this needs to be looked at just a tad bit more.
thanks for the in put want to hear more
Old 06-03-2004, 08:48 PM

I think that a score is a score. Have a shoot off if your tied.I like the 11 ring I dont like the x count for them. Butu like everyne knows you can't please everyone.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:06 AM

I would say you both need to buy a calculator...with 21 11's neither of you could have possibly shot a 425
Old 06-14-2004, 10:06 AM

those where just examples
[:'(]

Quick Reply: 11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.