HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:38 AM
bluejacket

Default RE: 11 or x? 425 1x ,425 2x should haven been a shoot off !!!

This argument can concieveably go back and forth forever. Both sides of the issue will have valid arguments. My own viewpoint would be that it is true that the individual who shoots a 400+ with fewer 11's is more consistantly hitting the 10 ring. However, the highest point value is in the 11 ring, and the individual with a higher 11 ring count is obviously hitting the 11 ring more consistantly. Said another way, the one with a lower 11 ring count, consistantly misses the 11 ring more often. Either way you look at it, if you are shooting that well, you should feel pretty good about your efforts. There has to be a system for breaking ties and I personally think the present system is as good as anything else. I will conceed that if I were to fail to win by the scenerio you describe, I would be disappointed. However, I would then realise that if I had hit just 1 more 11 ring the debate would be over. Time to try and pick up that extra point or two.