Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Hunter Class Rule Definition >

Hunter Class Rule Definition

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Hunter Class Rule Definition

Old 05-27-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Hunter Class Rule Definition

I would like to know if a 12.5" stabilizer in the hunter class is acceptable. Also if you have shot with someone with a longer than 12" stabilizer what is the course of action I would need to take, if it is unacceptable.
Thanks for any clarification you can give me.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
ej

Default RE: Hunter Class Rule Definition

Rule is 12 in. or less from point of attachment, if a range offical does not catch it there would have to be a protest filed.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Is the quick disconnect considered part of the stabilizer length?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:31 PM

This is a good question? The rule for the stablizer is (only 1 stablizer being LESS THAN 12in in lenth from the nearest point of attachment is allowed.) But what if my stablizer is less than 12inches, but its connected to a 10 oz weight and the weight is connected to a quick disconnect and all this together adds up to 14 or 15 inches. A weight and a disconnect are not stablizers and the point of attachment is where the stablizer screws into the other device. I think this rule used to say (less than 12 inches from the point of attachment at the bows riser). But i could be wrong. I shoot the hunter class and my stablizer set up is with in this rule and I dont plan to change it. But I can see where this could be a loop hole if someone wanted to push it. I think this is a good question for BowPro.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:10 PM

one and one = two two and two = four 12inc from point of connection is 12 inch!!![:-]
Old 05-31-2004, 07:48 PM
ej

there is no loop hole the measurement is taken from the riser that is where it all attaches to the bow
Old 06-04-2004, 12:07 PM

I believe that if you look at the printed rules for 2004, they only state "from point of attachment" I looked last week, after this topic was a point of discussion.
Many shooters have quick disconnects, plus a 12" stabilizer. Of course this gets into semantics - but it would help to have clarification for shooters before they get to Erie and someone gets dq'ed.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:28 PM
ej

the measurement will always be taken from the riser, no matter what you put inbetween that is the spot it attaches to the bow
Old 06-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

here is the deal..seen as how nobody ever gets a complete answer when a question is asked on this forum.................12 inches from nearest point of attachment is the riser and its 12 inches regardless of what is attached.

example....quick disconnect, stabilizer and say a simms vibration end all must be 12 inches or less from the riser............it does not matter how much stuff is attached it all must be 12 or less inches..............

hope this helps............................................. ........................
Old 06-08-2004, 10:19 AM

Superdave, I think ej was pretty clear in his answer.
Complete answer, what's that?
No matter the equipment named, all possible pieces and parts would not be included, or as soon as they are someone will come out with the newest widget.
We do not answer these lightly or quickly. We try and give concise reasonable answers.

I once had a guy ask me a question if a piece of equipment was legal or not. I told him no.
His reply was, well it must be the rule does not say it is not legal.

I replied without thinking about it and said"the rule does'nt say you cannot use a 270, but common sense says you can't.
I won't make that mistake again. The board got more than a few letters about my smart a***d attitude. My mistake.
I have come to realize from my position, there are no final answers. Just more questions.
ken watkins

Quick Reply: Hunter Class Rule Definition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.