Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Rome, Georgia

Old 03-05-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Rome, Georgia

What is the shoot like in Rome, Georgia. I saw where it is going to be held at Lock and Dam Park, should be some good shooting situations I would assume. How many of you have shot it before and what were your experiences there?
Old 03-05-2004, 08:38 PM

Default RE: Rome, Georgia

as well as i can remember, the terrain is fairly flat, and part of the range was logged. seems as though we shot a lot of uphill shots on the range across the creek. lots of dips and rolling terrain to trick the shooters. the yardages didnt seem to be a real problem, although the 39 yard aligator bit several people..........funny how one really tough target really sticks out in your mind, ill be looking for that one again[:-]

the folks were very nice and very accomodating. i only hope the weather is as nice as it was in wetumpka i actually got a little sun burn on my neck, making me naturally a red neck
Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 AM

This is a great shoot!! Tom Watson does a great Job!!By the way ,there is a concert again this year, shooters get a reduced rate. Last year they had The Bellame Brothers. Great show and Great shoot Don't miss it!!!!!

Matrat
Old 03-07-2004, 06:16 PM

The shoot in Wetumpka really was a wake up call for me. I really had to work hard to just hit the targets. The IBO folks and all of the volunteers that set up the range did a fantastic job of mixing up the targets and yardages as to keep me guessing. I have gone back to several local shoots to work on my yardage estimation and shooting skill before I make the trip over to Rome. Wish me luck as I am going to need it....
Old 03-08-2004, 05:08 PM

hoytshooter; The courses were not all flat, one had some down hill shots across some terraces that were very challanging. We had a 42 yd shot across the end of a pond. It's what 3d shooting should be. Sometimes the courses beat me but, if it doesn't kill you it will make you better! That's what we all strive for anyway. It will be a Great shoot!
Old 03-08-2004, 05:54 PM

Hoyt shooter, I have some memories of the shoot at rome last year, drive 12 hours rest on a fold out bed that has been run over in the parking lot that takes three people to pull the bed into position so that you can put your feet where your head should be, go to find much needed food only to find every body else had the same idea, didn't know Rome Ga had so many poeple living there. 39 yard alligator that my bow flew further than my arrow did! Waiting two hours for a table so that all of us could sit together for dinner only to not sit together anyways. Driving home only to find that we missed a turn somewhere in Rome and ending up in Alabama. Driving home to find snow in Tennesee and warmer in New York than the weekend in Rome. Spending time with your girlfriend and friends from Kentucky PRICELESS!! doing it again in two weeks and can't wait!!
p.s. The shoot was great! Used every thing that they could to deceive you. Use your head and you will do fine. I try not to let the target behind me get to me only think ahead.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:29 PM

YOu guys are not doing anything to boost my confidence here, but I needed tha laughs after a hard days work. Thanks. I just shot a local BHA tournament and they had a 33 yard alligator across a beaver pond, I took a safe shot and scored a 5 and was glad to get it(LOL). No one got anything higher on it for the day. It looked a lot further across the water than it was. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends at Rome. Thanks again for all of the good advice. If I can keep my nerves under control I will try to hit all 40 targets....
Old 03-09-2004, 09:00 AM

For goodness sake. Stop scaring everybody. The ranges are set to challenge your skills.
Funny thing, in Alabama the majority of misses were strong.
Got ya!
Leave the last target on it's own stakes. Don't bring it with you. Every one will be different.
We ARE trying to decieve you. We are trying to make you think..
Look at the target, the setting, even look at your feet.[&o] It is all part of the fun.
It's all good!
Have fun, think hard, shoot straight!

ken12
Old 03-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Spike

Yeah I read that "flat" comment a day or two ago and giggled. I remember shooting uphill more than anywhere I have ever been. This is a good range though. I will get to the site in PLENTY of time to finish the number of targets I plan to shoot that day.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:49 PM

bow pro, Im not trying to scare anyone, I think you and the crew are doing a wonderful job on making us think! It wouldn't be any fun if we all shot 40-up and you had to break ties with a flip of the coin! Looking forward to what you and Dan, Gene have up your sleeves for Rome. Rudy

Quick Reply: Rome, Georgia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.