Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Qualifiers

Old 02-08-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Qualifiers

I realize this may seem like a stupid question, what are the qualifiers for? Do you HAVE to go to local qualifiers to go to the other IBO events? If so, how many?
Thanks
Old 02-08-2004, 07:24 PM
nmb

Default RE: Qualifiers

The only event you need to qualify for is the World Championship in Snowshoe WV. You may attend as many local qualifiers as you like, but only need to qualify once. You don't have to qualify to shoot the National Triple Crown, Southern or other major IBO functions, these are qualifiers as well. But as I said above you do need to qualify in order to be able to shoot at the Worlds held in August. You will receive a qualifying letter from the local club that you qualify from, that is what you send in to register for World's.

nmb

Archery - not just a hobby, it's passion!
Old 02-08-2004, 07:42 PM

I must agree with you nmb, archery is so much more than just a hobby. It is a passion. I realize that some people do not consider archery a "sport" like football or baseball, but it requires many of the same things from the participant. If it were not a sport we loved, we would not put in the hours of practice time on the range and indoor shoots through the winter months to be able to compete. I truly enjoy the 3D competitions and 5 spot shoots. I do not always win with the highest score, but I am always a winner because I am doing something I love and sharing good times with friends and family. What better things to be passionate about?
Old 02-08-2004, 07:55 PM
nmb

Could not have said it better. We spend a lot of time shooting not because we have to, because we want to. I've met so many wonderful people while shooting. It just doesn't get any better, I would not trade my experiences with this sport for anything.

nmb

Archery - not just a hobby, it's a passion!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:35 PM

O I fully agree and shoot 3-4 times a week, not only to improve my skills, but because I truely enjoy shooting. I am looking at taking it up to a higher level, that being the basis of my question. thannks for the info.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
nmb

Good luck Burkboy, and welcome to the world of IBO.

nmb

Archery - not just a hobby, it's a passion!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:44 AM

At the IBO world Championships you can also register for the trophy round .The trophy round is for a trophy not money.The Qualifiers are for Money in whitch you get for winning .Also a trophy i'm sure.You need not qualify for the trophy round ,but still need to pre register,and be a paid up member.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:13 AM

Good post. S