Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Update on Snowshoe Meeting

Old 09-29-2003, 09:58 AM

Default Update on Snowshoe Meeting

Can we get an update on the Boards meeting with the Snowshoe folks?
We have seen all the thoughts from members and Directors. We were told that a meeting with Snowshoe was forthcoming to discuss future weather related problems. Please give an update. Let' s hear what the Snowshoe management folks have to say.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Update on Snowshoe Meeting

As I understand it there are several topics which are being worked on. Step 1, however, take notice of the dates for the 2004 Worlds as posted on the main page of IBO.net. They are listening and responding.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:13 AM

As you all can see by the schedule for the 2004 World' s, we have gone to a four day format. Allowing the fourth day as a snow day! Shooting for the championship will be thurs.,and fri., with the finals on Saturday. Sunday will be as a backup.
We are working on several other changes that we will explain as soon as they are finalized.
We are looking at everything possible to provide a more versatile program.
ken12
Old 09-30-2003, 01:55 PM

WAY TO GO, I KNEW YOU GUYS WOULD FIGURE SOMETHING OUT, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ME. BUTCHB
Old 10-01-2003, 06:28 AM

Every decision is appreciated by a percentage of the members/shooters and disliked by a percentage of the shooters.
We have gotten e-mails already asking to change it from the four days back to three
No matter where,when or how about half will not like it..
ken12
Old 10-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

No matter where,when or how about half will not like it..

Without a doubt, no truer words can be spoken...
Old 10-01-2003, 12:01 PM

This statement is true on some issues but not on everthing. I think that this issue is one that could effect the decisions of the membership very much within the next few months and therefore it would benefit the IBO very much to try to change the 50/50 to any figure that is in their favor. The forum itself does not represent a very big percentage of the membership but it does give you a small view of what the membership is thinking. Also it can influence the members that participate in the forum and the sport to some degree. If the upcoming changes are to be sold to the membership the first thing that must be done is to get a conseus of the objections and try to overcome them. You can' t sell anything till you overcome the objections. A few people backing the President does not mean that everything is ok. It would seem that nothing worth while has come from the meetings at Snow Shoe and so far the information that has been put on the net was never mentioned by the IBO until the question was raised by a member of the forum. COMMUNICATIONS This is an organization that relly needs to be strong from the bottom up or the results could be less than positive. A mailer to the membership would do more to understand and solve the real problems about the future World Shoot. Solving Snow Shoe Mountain' s problems is in some people' s opinion the smallest part of the problem. With 10 months to go it will take some real leadership to regain all of the people that were unhappy.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:48 PM

Fastfletch,
Give us a chance to finalize this information before we put it out. The four day format is a definate but there is more scheduling that has to be set first before anything can be published. As I told you on the phone, the membership will be made aware of any and all changes by a couple different ways. On this forum, attached to all World Invitations sent to all those who qualify to shoot in 2004' s World Championship, as members renew. Let there be no question, this will get out to the IBO membership. Doing a mass membership poll on changes for the World is not going to happen, where would we start and stop....it would go on and on and on. Some of the membership doesn' t like this decision so we change it and then do a mass poll and then the others don' t like that decision so we change it and do a mass poll and no one likes that decision so we do a mass poll and so on and so on and so on.
Judy
Old 10-02-2003, 12:24 AM

Judy,
Thank you for your response.
My suggestions are just that suggestions. I am sure that many more people will have suggestions but it seems that the course of action has already been determined. Not knowing the inner workings of the IBO I will leave it for other people to make suggestions and opinions.
This thread has already added more information to the members who read the forum than anything to date. Timing is very important in solving any problems that may have made this a ligitimate problem to some people. I' m sureyou will do your best to do what you can to overcome people' s objections about future scheduling of shoots. A few questions already come to mind about the known changes, but until all the changes are known and made available to the interested shooters their is really nothing to discuss. Keep up your good work.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anything around reservations already made at Snowshoe, been discussed? Folks that get there the evening before will need to adjust.

Just a thought.

--Bob

Quick Reply: Update on Snowshoe Meeting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.