HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - REFUND ???????
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 01:16 PM
fasstfletch

Default RE: REFUND ???????

bob h in nh,

Based on your logic we were spectators not participants.

Fourty targets were scheduled and 40 targets were paid for.

Last year there was no shoot off and the full prize money was paid.
The people who paid for the full event are the loosers, the people who were selected for the shoot off were selected they did not qulaify by completing the tournament. Does the Major league baseball teams get a win for four innings, if a soccer game is stopped for weather does it give the team that is ahead the win then or do they try to complete the game. Does NASCAR call the race at the first sign of rain or lightning. All of these events have more people assembled than any archery event you have ever been too. What happens next year if on Friday we get high winds and they last for 2 or 3 days. High winds will have the same affect as lightning at Snow Shoe Mountain? The location is a high risk location and to pay the amount that they are asking to participate is very risky. The IBO is more aware than ever before what can happen if the conditions become less than favorable. Now is the time that we will find out if the IBO can learn from a bad expierence and devise a plan that will insure the majority of the people attendending that they will have every chance available to shoot the full tournament, win, loose or draw. If we have 2700 shooters ever again and 90% percent of the shooters are left standing there early in the day on Fri. or Sat. I can bet that there will be more damage done to the reputation of the Injured IBO and there damaged prestiege. We will never know how many archers who had worked all year, attended IBO shoots at home, Southern Triple Crown and the National Triple Crown to try to win or place in their class were within one arrow of making it only to be denied by the weather again for the second year in a row.

The persons who took home prize money are the only winners and we will never know how many made it in by default. The biggest loss most people suffered is the fact that they had hoped to shoot 2 days 40 arrows to qualify for the final day and they were denied because there was no plan to take care of bad weather earlier then we had expierenced the year before when the winners were also declared. The IBO cannot control the weather nor can they predict it with any degree of certenty what the weather will be at the location. They do have a track record for the weather to make a schedule that will be more flexable and give more emphasis to having the majority complete what they came for, to participate.

Sixty dollars will get you a good SEAT at just about any sporting event and in most cases a rain check when possible. Every Sunday I pay $8.00 to shoot 30 targets in the league where I live. We shoot every week regardless of weather and every week it is at a differnt club. To me sixty dollars is a high price to pay for shooting 20 targets and I won' t even mention all the other expenses.