Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Hunter Class under fire!

Old 08-20-2003, 07:06 AM

Default Hunter Class under fire!

Ken Watkins is still trying to undo the I. B. O. (International Bowhunting Organization) not the International Target Organization. THe class is popular because it is a bowhunting class and equipment. Ken and the board take heed. If you want to get the better shooters out, give them a place to go. MBR is just a MBO pin class. We do not want long stabilizers, Target arrows, lens Ect. We are BOWHUNTERS. Change HC to 30 yard max and make MBR 40 yard max and the same equipment rules as the Hunter class. Put the money in MBR and watch the shooters jump up. The ASA had the right idea. Novice bowhunter. Win and move up. But give us a Bowhunter Class to go to.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter Class under fire!

Couple of points, you can NOT use a lens in MBR, ya you can you a longer stablizer, but from what I saw last weekend, MOST, myself included do not use long ones.

As for the distances, sorry but someone who can shoot the top scores from 35 max can fairly easily handle the 45 yard max. It isn' t that big a change.

There is also money on the line in MBR already.

I get touchy when people try to change MBR in closer, they already moved it in from 50 to 45, stop changing it!! Its fine where it was, if you want it changed I would move it back to 50!

--Bob
Old 08-20-2003, 10:38 AM

I agree MBR is fine and need to be left alone.

HC = bow shooting 260fps max, 35 yards Max, 4 " vanes , 12" stabilizer max, 4 pins, screw in tips. NO MONEY trophy and Prizes only.

HCO = 5 gr per or 280fps, 40 yard max, 4 " vanes, 12" stabilizer,screw in tips. MONEY CLASS.

Frankly I think that it is absurd that full grown men want to shoots 35 yards max with a 320fps bow, what you need one pin? I think that we need to get the speed bows and the money grubbers out of HC and let it be a hunting class.

I shoot MBR and dont ever see myself returning to HC but it is the same story senes when I shot in it.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:54 AM

Outside looking in, I agree that the hunter classes should be for trophies only. No cash prizes or gift certificates (same as cash, in my opinion). That would leave the class to those who really are in it for the hunting and bragging rights. The money shooters would move on to other classes. Then the hunter classes could shorten everything up to bull elk and bison at 20 yards and everyone would most likely still be happy campers.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:11 PM

What on earth are you talking about? I think I am one of the proonents of the hc.
Maybe you heard a rumor, but I did not start it.
ken12
Old 08-20-2003, 07:13 PM

Ken, I didn' t attend Snowshoe this year because of several reasons but if I had and I would have been in the HC , why would IBO allow the stakes to be set over the 35 yd max and why avg out at 33 yards? Again this is suppose to be a hunter class with yardages up to 35 yd?????
I don' t understand why any grown man would complain about someone else enjoying shooting a hunter setup and shooting in a class they feel comfortable with? If I wanted to be a target shooter, not a hunter, I would shoot the open class but it' s my choice and my money that keeps me shooting.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:51 PM
eb

3-D is target shooting,NOT hunting.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:21 PM

I shoot the hunter class because that is what I am a HUNTER and if we keep in mind what the I.B.O. was intended to do in the first place and just what the name implies INTERNATIONAL BOWHUNTING ORGANIZATION. This class is perfect for the BOWHUNTER to keep shooting all year round and be apart of a group that will defend his rights to keep hunting. The rules that govern this class is fine, I shoot with the same equipment in the woods that I do on the course yes, a very quite 290 fps 4 pin 4 inch vane with of course screw in points. I dont change equipment all year round. I have gone that route before and I hated every second of it. I have more confidence in my bow knowing that I will hit were I aim and I dont draw on anything over 35 yards anyway.
As far as the worlds go I would have liked to have shot the second 20 targets but I also know what the HC courses were like with out rain,falling down on the first day and almost doing harm to myself and my equipment. I agree with shutting down sat but I would have liked to have seen the shoot off cancelled and the shoot to con' t on sun and allow the champion to be decided with 40 targets not 20.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:50 AM

eb, it might be target shooting but it should be considered as conditioning for the fall archery season too. You ever hear practice makes perfect? IBO did a great thing by starting the HC , if they start making more changes in the rules for HC then it will be time to think about moving our club over to ASA.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:13 AM

Big O, You need to go to the thread, Ken' s HC remarks in Bowhunting World on this forum and you will see that you are a little late and that they cannot move hunter class to 30 yards, I have already been corrected on that. You will get all the opinions you want on this out of that thread. Bob K

Quick Reply: Hunter Class under fire!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.