Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Hunter Class under fire!

Old 08-21-2003, 07:05 AM

Default RE: Hunter Class under fire!

To Ken: If more changes is a rumor I am sorry, but rumors are out there. The facts are you did a good thing for the IBO creating the hunter class. It is now, if the triple crown results are accurate, the largest class in the I.B.O. I know you wanted it to be a entry level class, but it is a class with it' s own equipment rules and limits. I do not think you will ever get good shooters out of any class if they do not wish to go. Most of us will never win, but thanks to this class we are enjoying the Bowhunter experience. The fact that it has grown this way speaks for it' s self. This is what the people want. I know MBO shooters go to MBR if they think they have a better chance of winning. It is not just a HC thing. What gets me is the move up, move down crap. Who decides who the better shooters are? If you guys think it is so easy, come on in. The limitations in equipment, more than make up for the yardage. HC is just another class and should not be looked down on. Most do not care about the money, we are having fun.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:25 AM

Thanks BigO.
Amen. No one can deny the class is a huge success. We /I see many shooters at the local level playing in the HC' s. I look at their equipment and see that it(the class) is getting our desired effect of providing a class for entry level shooters and a place for a more relaxed competition. More of the first and less of the second as it has turned out. But a lot of hunting set ups with broad heads removed.
I would also add that the HC ranges were checked no less than twice for distance and targets were not longer than the max. I personally checked the Championship HC ranges. ej can probably comment on which of us checked the trophy ranges, but they were checked.
ken12
Old 08-21-2003, 09:37 AM

Good morning BOW PRO!! Thanks for getting the HC going, it is growing fast BECAUSE OF MANY GOOD REASONS. It has gotten big enough to now consider(please) a Youth hunter and a Senior hunter division. Open the door to growth!! Thanks
Old 08-21-2003, 03:03 PM
BOS

I would like to second what pselee said, a youth hunter and senior hunter class would be a great idea.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:05 PM

I too would love to a youth hunters class. Let' s separate the scopes and the pins.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:00 PM

Ken, the trophy range for HC was where I had heard comments from, like I said this was from shooters who were there and I wasn' t.
If the HC is divided into youth and adult that will just help provide the kids with better chances to grow in the sport.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Im a hunter that shoots a movable scope with v-bars and a 24" stab. 2" vanes not 4" at a speed of 310fps. Ive shot several nice bucks with this setup. The deer never said that im not shooting a HUNTERS setup! Two years ago i shot a nice buck at 58 yards in the state of Deleware with the same setup. Im so glad it wasnt at 36 yards and i had my old HUNTER setup i would have to pass him up.
If you like to shoot 35 yards or less than shoot HC
If you think you can move up to 45 yards then shoot MBR.
But dont say that a hunter must shoot 4" vanes and 260fps while wearing two left rocky boats, get real!
Old 08-22-2003, 02:52 PM

Ken, It is written in Bow Hunting World In ask the president about money payback. Your answer " We did not design the hunter classes as a venue for competition at 35 yards and less. It certainly was not intended that a shooter shoot 412 to be able to win." This is where you are sticking your foot in your mouth.You wrote " It is much more likely that greater limitations may be brought into effect to limit the participation of Hunter Class shooters who should be moving up to a different class." Written by Ken Watkins how about explaining this to us!
Old 08-22-2003, 02:53 PM

Ken, Sounds like to me you want to make changes.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:17 AM

I read that also, and how many hunters shoot at deer 58 yards. Get a rifle, the kills will be cleaner.

Quick Reply: Hunter Class under fire!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.