Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Overall Responce

Old 08-20-2003, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Overall Responce

I agree Bob Evans farm would be a nice place. They definately have the land for all the ranges needed. But I don' t think there would be enough hotels to put all the people that would attend.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:16 PM

Whitetail hunter30 and Gatorsmoon,

Send me some info about this place. I will check this place out and contact IBO office.

Thanks,
Curtis Locker II
Old 08-23-2003, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

This was my first year at the Worlds. I must say I did not entirely enjoy the experience. The terrain was awful for walking (L range), while trying to carry the necessary equipment. Loose rocks, mud, moss. In places, dangerous. One guy in our group has an ankle the size of a football after 4 falls. I had to grab another guy to slow him down on a particularly steep spot. My 7yr old son enjoys going along while I shoot. I' m glad he didn' t. Snowshoe is a beautiful place, and I enjoyed being there with my family. Along with mountains come unpredictable weather patterns, and lightning is always a factor. Not to mention fog. If there is a more shooter friendly place to host the Worlds, look at it. I suspect I' ll go back; just a little less enthused.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:47 PM

Question??? A lot of talk about how terrible the terrain is at Snowshoe, no doubt in my mind its bad, but HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY HUNT PLACES LIKE THAT????? I can' t imagine getting a deer out of a place like that with his hide still on!!! Or me having a heart attack!! I' am a flatlander shooter in tall trees.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:16 PM

Ohio_Curtis

What kind of info do you need? The farm is in southern Ohio in the town of Rio Grand. It has pently of parking and camping area. I believe it has electric and water for camper hook up. I don' t know about the hotels in the area.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:18 PM

Ken I would just like to say Thanks and that it was a tough desion to have to make and realise that it was not soley your own. The only thing that would have helped and may in the future is to have the rules or Plan laid out in the IBO rule book on what will happen in the event of a cancellation On Fri Or Sat Or Sun. How many shooters will be taken and such. Had a Great time with a lot of Great people and the outcome would never dampen my Experiance.. Thanks again Ken and to You too Blue Jacket well said at the start of this posting!!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:25 PM

The one comment that was made about the terrain being unsafe is probably the most accurate statement that I have heard yet. With the number of people that are there and the number of falls that happen every year. It is just a matter of time untill someone will fall and brake there back or neck or worse fracture their scull and become paralyzed or killed. The terrain is bad enough but when you add fog or rain it becomes 100 times worse. Don' t get me wrong I do like Snow Shoe but it is not a very safe place. I know that the IBO is worried about the safety of the shooters when it comes to lightning. The truth is your much more likely to be injured or die from a fall than being struck by lightning. One other comment is how long would it take to get medical treatment to someone that was in the middle of the course on that mountain.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:26 PM

To all of you shooters that were present at snowshoe, why was the shoot called when the sun was shining as Ken Watkins was making his announcement? Why couldn' t they just delayed the shooting time by two hours or so?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

At 11:30 the shoot was already about 3.5-4 hours behind I believe. Weather didn' t really clear til at least 1 or so. The puts it about 5 hours behind. Last shooting groups head out around 3 per schedule, which means they won' t start til 6-7, takes
3-4 hours to shoot, they finish about 10:00. that' s why it couldn' t be delayed. There are " possible" other options, but that is what the decision was.

--Bob