Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Short Yardage

Old 06-24-2003, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Short Yardage

The courses at the triple were just fine in my opinion.

If the yardage is not enough, let those people shoot a course for super heros who like to suggest that everyone else should shoot the conditions and yardage that they perefer. If the scores go up in all the different classes I think that you will find that more people than ever enjoyed the overall shoot and that they feel more than ever that they fit in. The course and the conditions make some courses more difficult than others. Enjoying the shoot should be the name of the game. If you prove that you can make some people look bad, than by all means put everyone back to 50 yards and cut your attendance much faster. If the IBO is getting new members and it seems that they are growing, how many old or expierence members are they loosing. A few members may think that they know what is best and what will work, but try stretching the HUNTER CLASS back to 45 or 50 and see if the number get bigger or smaller. When judging distance far out weighs the shooting skill phase of the game I will wager that the overall expierence will become much less appealing to most archers. JMHO. The IBO has set the rules and no changes will be made till next year. Opinions in writing and sent to the next meeting of the BOD will be much more effective and will not be forgotten near as fast.

Thank You and enjoying the expierence should be first.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Short Yardage

i agree that the ranges have been short this year, but, i have not seen score skyrocket like i would think. most shooters are shooting better scores than they ever have at the triple crown, but the good shooters, the ones that dont have trouble with the longer yardage, are still winning or shooting well in the shoots. i think it is a good idea to bring them in a little. if a shooter shoots a good score, he will come back. if that same shooter thinks he has had his head kicked in, and the beating wont stop, that shooter probably will not return.

nelsonville is an evil place to shoot, period. if the folks setting up the ranges really took the time and effort to set each individual target in the most difficult areas to judge yardage, you wouldnt need to set anything over 43 yards and make the open class very tough. all of the hills and gullys, tunnels, fields, dark holes, the list goes on. its all there. the scores will fall at nelsonville, and the yardage on the range could be left the same.........i think it will definately be the deciding factor. nelsonville has always been tough, but if they (ken and his posse) get a little creative, it could get nasty......either way i will shoot there, because at the end of the day, long or short, nelsonville is tough......and i like tough. my main concern is that the ibo prosper.