Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

New Guy HELP!!

Old 01-03-2002, 11:03 AM

Default New Guy HELP!!

Hi, I have a old Bear bow now and am looking to get a worthy setup for competition. I am not a total newbie, but I don't want to waist money on Crappy Equipment. This is where you guys can help. What is a good set up for starting out? HC Class is where I assume I should start. I have been looking at a Hoyt Hyper Tec? Is this over kill?
Old 01-03-2002, 05:23 PM

Default RE: New Guy HELP!!

That's a pretty wild bow compared to your Bear, very short axle to axle and small brace height, but also the fastest in the Hoyt line for this year. It's basically for the more experienced shooter. If you want to stay with Hoyt try the Cyber-tek. It's about 5 inches longer and has about 1-1 1/2 more inches of brace height. If you can, also try out a Mathews Q2XL, or a PSE Durango, both good shooting bows that should be close to what you are looking for.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:40 PM

Starting in the Hunter Class would be good. I like the Copper John Pro pin sight and I use a Golden Key Golden Priemer rest.

Edited by - n23d on 01/04/2002 14:41:55
Old 01-05-2002, 12:55 AM

grndzer
if the only thing wrong with your bear is speed and flashyness try out the jennings basicly the same company i have owned a bear one and still own a bear pursiut for hunting and shoot the tmaster for 3d i dont have a bad thing to say about any of them go with what u know and dont let u down
Old 01-07-2002, 08:40 AM

Thanks for the Info all, So far I have Purchased a Hoyt Cyber Tec w xt2000 and versa cam. I plan to purchase a Sure Loc Lethal Weapon 1 next. Has anyone had trouble with this site?
Old 01-07-2002, 09:22 AM

Grndzer, I used the lethal weapon last year and although it is a good sight I did have a few problems with it. First, the windage lock knob would not stay tight and that allowed the clamp bar to fall off. Second, the pin adjustment seems to get a memory after you lock the screws a few times. I have been using the new Copper John 3rd axis pin sight and really like it. The round pin guard is excellent for centering with your peep.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:17 PM

Grndzer Take a look at the HTM pin sights. I use a scope for 3D, but used one of the HTM pin sights for hunting. I thought it was a really good sight.
http://www.htmbowsights.com/