Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Ken, where is my ride?

Old 03-10-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Ken, where is my ride?

I know I can not be the only chicken **** at the world. Can I get a ride back to the top? I rode the ski lift last year and needed a prozac after. I dont like heights and I was told at the top of the mountian there was a shuttle but guess what they told me at the bottom? Ride the lift or walk, as they giggled at me. Well I walked what seemed like 3 miles from D range and had no energy to hoof it back up so I took the lift.[:@] And now my fear is even worse, I have to go to a srink cause I get nervious on the toilet!!

Seriously, what about a shuttle? Can you hook me up this year?
Old 03-10-2003, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Ken, where is my ride?

Grndzer - You just have to tell the fellas at the bottom to get you a truck ride up. . . . worked for me the last 2 years. The first year I rode the lift up, this guy said, he would ride with me since he knew how scared I was . . . I told him not to point at anything, just to be still . . . . guess what - he was having so much fun he swung his legs . . . talk about needing prozac.[X(]
Old 03-10-2003, 04:47 PM
ej

This is the first I have heard of this problem, there were extra buses added last year and the station you are talking about had someone useing their own vehicle for rides. If it was said as a joke it shouldn' t have been but at each of those station there are directors there, there was 2-4 of them at the one you are talking about if a shooter is upset about anything they should be informed.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:38 PM

Well let me tell you all about it. as you know C and D range had the same check in station at least under the same tent. I ask a woman setting the the middle taking info about a ride she said I had to ask this guy on the end. So I walked down to where they where shooting peoples bows to check speed and there set a guy with a beard. I ask him where I could get a ride back to the top and he laughed and said there is only two ways back up the mountain 1 is that lift and 2 is walking. I stood there for a second terrified and then walked away, I looked back at him hoping it was a big joke and he would wave be back over. But he just went about what he was doing.

I thought about walking but Another shooter offered to ride with me, Unlike n23ds situation this guy was nice and didnt do anything to freak me out. The second day I ask the guy at the top of d range and he said yea you can get a ride backup. I got to the bottom and the boy is there again. So I didnt bother and rode it again this time the damn thing stopped leaving me haning there for 30 seconds and started again.

This year, First day if one guy chuckles at me I am walking up the mountian and going home. I have emailed IBO about it and NEVER got a response. This year I am shooting MBR so maybe they will keep the guy in HC.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:55 AM

Grndzr, Judy and I have looked and we cannot remember an e-mail about your ride. I apologize for not responding. I try to respond to all of my e-mails.
We do have the shuttle for this very purpose.
Since ej answered your post,you can be sure that it won' t happen again. I believe that Gary will be at that check station again. Ask for him when you get there. He can take care of it for you.
By the way, ej is the guy for the IBO that makes the World work.
ken12
Old 03-11-2003, 08:25 AM

Good. I would hate to have a heart attack at the worlds, It would bad for my score and it needs all the help it can get.