Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 New Yardage for RU & TRADITIONAL >

New Yardage for RU & TRADITIONAL

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

New Yardage for RU & TRADITIONAL

Old 03-02-2003, 06:19 PM

Default New Yardage for RU & TRADITIONAL

In our clubs regular shoots will it be wrong to let our Recurve and Traditional shooters shoot at a shorter yardage than what our yellow stakes will be set at? Some of these shooters never compete in IBO tournaments and like to shoot what they consider to be normal hunting shots of 14 to 25 yards, would it be ok for them to just shoot the white stakes unless we hold a qualifier??
Old 03-02-2003, 07:00 PM
ej

Default RE: New Yardage for RU & TRADITIONAL

For club shoots they can set whatever yardage they want, an IBO club only has to follow yardage rules for sanctioned shoots. and to let you know there will be a rule change showing for traditional as soon as they can post it and that will be trad. will be going back to the white stake for the rest of the year.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:32 PM

Thank you for the information.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:14 PM

Hi " ej"

Am I understanding you right?

Did you just say that " there will be a rule change showing for traditional as soon as they can post it and that will be trad. will be going back to the white stake for the rest of the year."

Hope your not jerking our chains, or that I mis-understood you. (smile) Since the white stake is a Maximum 25 yd stake this year, does that mean that will be the Maximum shot for Traditional? And, does that also mean that Recurve Unlimited will still shoot from the Yellow stake?

I just checked and such a rule has not been posted yet. That means I shot from those lously Yellow Stakes today for nothing!! (grin)

Thanks for the information and hope. (smile) Please clarify if I am mis-understanding.

gg
Old 03-02-2003, 09:51 PM
ej

the spring meeting was this weekend and as soon as the office can get the changes made they will appear.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:20 PM

Personally I think this is a good move on IBOs part to go back to the white stake,
I really don' t see the need for such long shots. The pro can do whatever but the amateur shooters must be kept in mind in this sport and I think in many cases the hunter class is being put down as low class when it actually is your common bowhunter' s average day in the woods.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:58 PM

HighBow,

I agree with your statement of the Hunter Class. I primarily shot Hunter Class last year and felt that it was considered a lower class. I enjoy shooting this class because of the experience gained for Deer Season.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:15 PM

I feel the hunter class is best for my setup and what I feel enjoyable to compete in, my first trip to the IBO two years ago , I entered into the Money Hunters class without realizing what I was doing , I qualified at a shoot, I got a entry and sent the money, I didn' t know till I arrived that I was not in the trophy class, so my son along with me shot our first World shoot and had fun doing so. I heard comments that it was the hardest courses out there, maybe so but I hope to return within the next two years, as a trophy entry.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-03-2003, 07:32 PM

Hi Wildarcher,

I may be completely wrong on this ( someone more knowledgeable will surely speak up and correct me), But, my understanding is that the major reason for the change to a longer range was to move towards giving the top Traditional Archers competitive experience at ranges that an International Team would face in Competition. This came about as a result of the new IBO/FITA association and partnership. This is what was said in the IBO news announcement then.

" As a result of the affiliation, FITA and 3DI will develop one set of rules for competitions and championships and develop plans for a FITA/3DI World 3-D team Archery Cup for each country."

There are many IBO shooters with NFAA backgrounds that like the long ranges out to even 80 yards and feel that you will be a better archer if you shoot at that range. That is " Field" shooting, and (IMHO) IBO is about " Woods" shooting. Thus the 25 yard range seems much more appropriate. In addition, I think the majority (even if silent) of Traditional Archers feel the same way.

To me, this move was a very good one, and should enhance the enjoyment of the sport by new comers, hunters, and in the long run promote archery and hunting both.

gg

Quick Reply: New Yardage for RU & TRADITIONAL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.