Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

which release?

Old 02-25-2003, 09:06 AM

Default which release?

I have decided to get a thumb release and was wanting some advice. I have tried out a truball extreme and a carter target 4 and i prefered the target 4 but i have some questions about some others. What do you all think about the Carter Insatiable and what is it' s comparison to the Insatiable 2? What comments do you all have in general about any releases that may interest me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:38 AM

Default RE: which release?

I would recommend going with the tru-ball over the carter. I believe that the tru-ball is a better built release and will last alot longer. For more info on tru-ball you can check out the website. www.tru-ball.com

John[8D]
Old 02-25-2003, 03:32 PM

I HAVE SHOT BOTH TRU-BALL AND CARTERS ON AND OFF FOR SEVEN YEARS. THEY BOTH HAVE THEIR UP' S AND DOWN' S. HOWEVER FOR DURABILITY AND QUALITY CARTER IS THE ONE. THE TRU-BALL SET SCREWS ALWAYS SEEM TO MOVE AND STRIP OUT. IF YOU SHOOT ONE AND GET THE TENSION SET WHERE YOU WANT IT SUPER GLUE IT IN PLACE OR IT WILL NOT STAY. THE CARTER' S I SHOOT NEVER HAVE THAT PROBLEM. I HAVE SENT NUMEROUS RELEASES BACK TO TRU-BALL FOR REPAIRS AND IT TAKES 4-6 WEEKS TO GET IT BACK. I JUST SENT IN A CARTER SOLUTION 2 TWO WEEKS AGO FOR REPAIR ON THE SAFETY AND I ALREADY HAVE IT BACK. THERE IS SOMETHING TO SAY FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. GOOD LUCK IN PICKING A RELEASE. BILL
Old 02-25-2003, 04:50 PM

Anyone know the website address for Carter?
Old 02-25-2003, 07:19 PM

http://www.carterenterprises.com/
I like my target master it is a thumb or pinky release
Old 02-26-2003, 07:24 PM

thanks for all of the comments. Can anyone tell me anything about the comparisson of the insatiable and the insatiable 2. I read that the insatiable 2 has improved parts. are they formed about the same? How do they register against the target 4 and what about spring stiffnesses on them? Isn' t there a choice about stiffness.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Spike

Right now I am shooting a Carter Hole Thing 2000 which I like very much. However, I like the Tru-Ball Chappy Boss too. Just a couple to check out.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:33 AM

I have a Just Cuz' and a Insatiable 2. A friend of mine has the Insatiable. The Insatiable has a thicker handle and it sweeps back further on the pinky part. The Insatiable 2 also has of course the pointer finger hole. I have shot them both and like them both but I prefer that pointer finger hole in a release. The Just Cuz' is a really nice release if you like a 3 finger vs. the 4 finger. The Just Cuz' also only utilizes a sting loop, which I use also. I also HIGHLY recommend the Carter vs. any type of thumb style release. Quality, quality, quality. That' s all I have to say....