Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

which release to get

Old 02-11-2003, 08:56 AM

Default which release to get

I currently shoot a Scott lil goose but I am getting a new bow and getting more serious about shooting so I am wanting to get a better release for shooting indoors and 3-d. I have lots of friends that shoot carters but i am kinda drawn to the tru-balls. I think that I want one that is triggered by your thumb. I am leaning towards the chappy boss or the extreme so I am wanting to get some input from you guys. What releases do you like and out of these two that I mentioned are there any preferences. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: which release to get

I have 2 extremes.

Both the extreme and Chappy are good releases as to which one its up to you if you can try them both and pick the one thats feels comfortable.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 02-11-2003, 12:26 PM

TruBall would get my vote. My favorite is my Chappy Boss, I have a little boss and sweet spot. All of them are great releases . . . the sweet spot helps with aiming ALOT! Visit your local pro shop and try a few different ones and see which you like the best.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:12 PM

I would second trying a few different releases to make a better informed decision-both truball and carter make great releases. Find the one that feels good for you.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:52 PM

parker_man: The Tru-ball Chappy Boss is a good choice, also the Extreme or Double Extreme. I think you would also like the Carter Insatible or the Insatible 2, both are triggered by the thumb, as far as a BT release the Atension would be a good choice, it is unlike the Tru-ball Sweet Spot, has no safety but an audible clicker.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:12 PM

If your a caliper man? You might want to try the tru-ball wildthing. It is a mixture of both a hand held and a caliper release. I' ve shot one for the past three years and it has never let me down.