Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

FOB's in Hunter Class

Old 02-20-2008, 08:51 PM

Default FOB's in Hunter Class

Can you tell me if FOB's are a legal fletchin Hunter Class or Female Hunter Class yet? My wife and I love hunting with them because they were made to steer a broadhead better. In fact, they were made by a hunter for hunting, so that should be roughly the definition of Hunter Class eligible. I'd guess that the same issues were raised when those new-fangled vinyl feathers came out, huh. I shoot them in the local shoots and I'd loveto not have to change equipment just to be accepted in the IBO shoots. I'm sure everyone has some exposure to them by now, but in case you don't know, you can find out more about them at www.starrflight.com. Is there a chance that there is no vane height restriction in HC? I could always shoot 4" feathers that are 1/32" tall and the FOB on the back.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FOB's in Hunter Class

Wouldn't refletching as you suggest be "changing your equipment" which you said you wanted to avoid?
Why go to all the work simply to evade the spirit of the rule.
Present your case, lobby for the change, and as I understand it, these issues are addressed on a yearly basis.
JMO

Steve

Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 AM

I think you have answered your own question. There is a 4" minimum vane restriction for all level 3 classes. I would not recommend trying to circumvent the rule as you suggest. When all is said and done you should ask yourself, "will whomever inspects this arrow view this as a 4" vane?". I suspect you know the answer.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:57 AM

The rules are pretty straight forward. I just make 6 arrows for IBO shoots and save the FOB for hunting.