Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

World Championship Pro-Am

Old 06-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Default World Championship Pro-Am

A Pro-Am shoot is scheduled for Wednesday August1st 2:00pm. Can anyone give any info on this? How's the teams made up? Cost? Payback? Not many people know about it.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:48 AM

Default RE: World Championship Pro-Am

Mike - The teams will be randomly selected with at least 1 pro per team of 4. There will be 3 sets of 10 targets. Each team will shoot their 10 targets. The highest score from each set of ten will have a shoot-off for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. These 3 teams will shoot-off 5 targets. As in the ASA, teams will be able to discuss yardage.

The pro am will be held on a golf course so "galleries" of people and the media will have the opportunity to watch.

The entry fee for each person is $30.00. The entry fee will go back into the purse. Sign up willstart at Nelsonville.

This should be something different and fun to get things rolling.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 AM

any age requirments? I think in asa that they let in the Young Adults.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 PM

ttt????????
Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

There is a thread on archerytalk saying this shoot has been CANCELLED???Better check with the IBO to make sure??Just a heads up to anyone who was planning on shooting Wed.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:49 PM

Sorry guys and gals. The Pro/Am is cancelled. There were not enough people that signed up to hold the event. After discussion with the sponsors, it was decided that rather than put on an event that was done half-way we will try it again next year.

We will be trying for a bigger purse next year and hopefully it will be a great kick-off to the worlds next year.

We want to thank the people that did sign up. We know this would have been a fun event but we will make it bigger and better next year. We are in the process of returning your entry fee's.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 PM

I knew that you could sign up at Nelsonville but I never saw the sign up sheet. I planned on shooting it.