Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Camping at the world

Old 10-18-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Camping at the world

I was just wondering how far the campgrounds that are listed on the cityofanderson web site are from the shoot. Is there going to be camping at the shoot site. I own a travel trailer that is 25 foot and looking for a place to camp that has electric and water but some of the camp sites listed are in different towns other then anderson. Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks alot and Happy Hunting!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 AM

Default RE: Camping at the world

I do know the camping facilities at the college are with hook-ups and maybe 1/2 mile from the center of the event. I believe they have a couple hundred sites.
In my opinion the camping areas in the city are going to be a lot of good times.
ken12

Old 10-19-2006, 10:08 AM

The other cities that are listed on the available camping are no more the 15 minutes away (Frankton). The Pendleton camping has a pay fishing lakeand I believe cabins. The camping in Chesterfield is a pretty nice campground. The Anderson University camping and Mounds State Park will be the closest.

You should have no problem with a 20ft trailer at any of the camping sites.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:26 PM

Anderson University is a nice place and very clean. they have water and electric hook ups. They also have some restrictions. There don't allow smoking, drinking or camp fires there. But it should be a great place for any none smokers. All the camping locations listed are within 10 to 15 minutes at most. AU, Timderline, Mounds and Pine Lake are within 5 Minutes of Hoosier park.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:03 PM

Any idea on camping rates at AU? How big a motor home can they accommodate? Is 50 amp electric available?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:44 AM

Not sure about anderson university.I am not a smoker or a bigdrinker butI love the camp. You can't evenhave a camp fire there. That all adds up to no fun if you ask me. I am driving over this weed to look at the camp grounds and will give a report on the to let everyone know what they are like and how far from the shoot they are.