Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

worlds participation.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: worlds participation.

first off.....dougie.....i am not sure what post you talking about....i made a statement about participation levels......did not see any whinning at all....just my opinion......i agree a change is needed....and in my opinion the triple crown really needs to be moved....all i said was i think numbers will be lower than if they had it in say ohio,pa,ny, ...thats all......if you think thats whinning so be it.......i was however whinning about how long it takes the ibo to do things......ie. announce the location.........
Old 09-08-2006, 05:47 PM

i have no dog in this fight but -- where did the idea that most of the worlds shooters came from the north east come from--???
Old 09-08-2006, 07:47 PM

I never read anything posted bad about the people of Anderson. I read a lot of people upset with a decision that was made. In some previous post it was mention that a change is what the majority wanted. Idont recall being asked, maybe they just forget to ask me. I think they forgot to ask everyone that I know that shoots. The first yearat snow shoe their were 3000 shooters approx. This year 1900 approx. In my opinion the #s didnt drop because of snow shoe alone. In the area I shoot over the past few years their has been a growing discontent for the IBO. People are upset with things like the paybacks,the increase in entry fees, the attitudes of the officers, notever having a vote in anything and basicly being ignored on this forum except by the state reps who do try to answer questions, but seem to come across as defending the IBO no matter what. Ino that a lot of things the IBO gets the blame for they have no control over. For example if it cost you $50.00to enter a shoot plus $3.00 to park your car at one of the nationals.The IBO only gets $2.50 of that and the club hosting the shoot gets $32.00 and $10.00 goes to the payback for that class."Yes I know that only adds up to $42.50 but I cant recall where the other $7.50 goes."This type ofinfo upsets me, and other people I know. I expect the IBO to defend the rights of bowhunters,well I am a bowhunter and I feel I am getting ripped off and the IBO is letting it happen. Why do the triple crown shoot have a permanent home? Do your own search and seewho runs the clubs that host the triple crown. No I am not happy with the change to the 07 worlds. Butthats not the only thing that me and a lot of other people I shoot with are upset about. I hope the IBO can make some changes in the future but untill then I will shoot local and maybe that other organization. I hope Anderson goes well in 07. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:03 PM

Uncle Paul,
I keep hearing we need a change. No reason for change, nothing about the new location, only give it a chance,Nothing about how the decision was made just that people who work hard made a decision to benefit the membership. I'm a member, no one asked me about anylocations. That is what seems a little sad.I promise I will send no more emails.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:54 PM

I noticed that you joined 9/07/06. Is that an error or factual. The subject of where the next World Championship would be has been discussed many places including the forum. At any time you have genuine concern about an issue that is happening or is about to happen the best thing to do is send the IBO Headquarters about your concerns. Then and only then should you expect an answer of some descriptions to base your opinions and justify your critiscisim. Siding with others to satisfy your disappointment does not do justice to the organization or yourself.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:27 AM

Fasstfletch,
Joined forum 9/7/06, does that make a difference? I quess I joined forum too late to hear discussions and I must havemissed thediscussions at all the other places you mentioned. I voiced my concern at the World's to the IBO.I expect an answer because I am a paying member.My concerns are my concerns not based on anyone elses. My dissappointment and my family's dissappointment is based on how well we felt the World's were handled in Snowshoe and and what a great job the IBO Headquarters did in Snowshoe.Now the locationwill be moved.I have looked at the web sites offered by others but cannot find a resort in Anderson that offers centrally locatedaccomadations like Showshoeorsome of the otherrumored locations. Like I keep saying I quess I will have to wait and see. I appologize if my opinions and concerns and short time in forum upset you.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 AM

Family 5
Have faith that it is going to be a new adveture for the whole family and go there with a positive attitude and I think you will then be able to judge for yourself. Wait until the total story is posted about the shoot and then you may change your mind. Who knows we may even be able to start Archery (Non Alcholic) Tailgateing Parties at the Cite. Just think that the best shoot you ever attended will be the next one. I am not upset and you shouldn't be either. The Best is yet to come.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:47 PM

[8D]Snowshoe was a 14 hr. drive for us but we did it now indiana will be a bit more. If the course is a little easier to walk that would be fine with me. It seems like every year some one crashed on the course. Last year it was an elderly lady, this year a few mbo shooters took a nastie fall. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out thanks to all who work hard to help keep the club going.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:16 PM

I believe thereason attendance is down at tournaments is because people can't afford to travel like they used to. When the IBO Worlds started in Snowshoe, Gas prices (Along with Airline Tickets) was much cheaper. It most likely has nothing to do with the repeated location or IBO Payouts, Although there may be very few people that have not come back for these reasons. I do however believe that the IBO would have benefitted with a more central location to WV, IN, PA, and OH to save on travel costs for the majority of participants. What people do not know and most likely will never know is that there might not have been a more central location even bidding on the IBO Worlds.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:17 AM
K_N

I believe attendance is down because archery is not a popular as it once was in the US. I blame that on population growth. Theres no room to shoot anymore. Most kids cant walk out there backdoor and fling an arrow at a target without getting arrested.