Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best of both worlds.... >

Best of both worlds....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best of both worlds....

Old 02-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Best of both worlds....

I was watching one of my favorate shows on the outdoor channel yesterday...The Wild Outdoors. I see that Jay Gregory has went to Mathews bows, however, he is still using hoyt sights and quiver. If I was either company I wouldn't like that. If I was Mathews I think I would want "my" accessories used and if I was Hoyt I wouldn't want "my" accessories used. Just thought it was funny, that you get a new sponsors bow and put your old sponsors equip on it. still chuckling-no biggy. Really love the show now since he is a mathews man.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:34 AM

Default RE: Best of both worlds....

I always put PSE sights on my bow, and I'm looking at a browning quiver....I think it's personal prefrence. I like the PSE sight size and the browning quiver has a positive locking system and a long hood to hook lengeth.....Whatever works for you is right

John
Old 02-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I know its personal preference, BUT if a sponsor gives you a bow, wouldn't you deck it out with mostly their accessories. It's kind of a slap in the face. I am guessing you paid for your bow and equip with your hard earned $$$$ and if you want anything on it then it is your decision soley. If Mathews wants to send me a New Legacy, I would happily dress it in mathews components, although some accessories I don't like.

AGAIN...I love this show. I will continue to root Jay and Tammi on, but this is MY opinion.
Old 02-06-2002, 02:28 PM

Have not been lucky enough to see the show. Maybe both Mathews and Hoyt are Sponsors?
Old 02-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Spike

Obviously Tomlin you have far too much time on your hands. If I were you I'd be out there looking for a roof to get on rather than sitting at home watching outdoor shows and over analyzing how sponsors might feel. I can also tell you this with your luck at killing deer (NOTHING A FEW HUNDRED MORE HOURS OF PRACTICE WON"T CURE). Don't be looking for Mathews or Hoyt to come beating your door down anytime soon!!!! Your wife must be so proud of her hard working husband. I bet she can't wait for turkey season to roll around.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Oh Stretch, The things I could say. To listen to you talk about working hard, Most would think you have it rough. Only I know the truth. Is having a partner and 2 secretaries(the gals are the real workers!)considered working hard? NO.
I would think that with that much help you SHOULD be in the magazines with all your "big" ones. Dave knows what I am talking about. Stretch the "talker", not the taker, of big ones.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:49 AM
Spike

Jealousy, is an ugly thing and its hard to believe you could be any uglier.