Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 2007 World Championship???? >

2007 World Championship????

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

2007 World Championship????

Old 08-07-2006, 06:31 PM

Default 2007 World Championship????

What's the latest rumor? If it's going to be back on the mountain, I'd like to make my reservation. Anybody heard?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:46 PM

Default RE: 2007 World Championship????

rumors are flying everywhere, i have heard everywhere except the moon at this point.....i will say this, i hope if it does move, the ibo meets or exceeds anything that snowshoe has to offer.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 PM

just for the record, i would like to see it stay there, and the triple crown start moving around......i think that would make a lot of folks happy.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM

I'LL SECOND THAT LAST SUGGESTION.
Worlds at snowshoe.
NTC start moving to new spots.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:25 PM

move them all.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM

I wouldn't mind if they all moved. I think if you move the world championships anywhere you need to top snowshoe for accomidations. (Lake Placid would be sweet). I will not go to the worlds if it moves to Indiana. August in Indiana would not be good, I would have to have 2 gallons of sunblock and would still get sunburned.
The triple crown could stand to be moved although I am usually happy with Nelsonville except for this year's 20 mile hikesjust to get started at the ranges.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
K_N

Snowshoe offers something none of the other shoots do. When the shoots over. Everyone stays in the same place. At the triplecrowns everyone goes there own way to various hotels and camping grounds. Snowhoe lets you actually meet other archers and make friends with them. Not to mention they have lots of restuarants and yes bars within walking distance.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:32 PM

after shooting - hot and sweaty-- that little place at the foot of the mt -- BBQ sandwich and a couple cold ones -- sitting in the shade talking to the gentelman i just shot with -- this is the only place iv ever shot where i could have a cold beer and relax after shooting --
we rented a small condo clost to the village -- i had a great time --
btw-- i shoot a long bow and i could care less about money paybacks -- if i wanted money i would have stayed at work -- but i was embarressed for the folks on the podium when they walked off empty handed -- i had never seen that at a shoot before--
Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
K_N

Yeah its sad that the trad classes get no big money. A trad shooter is just as much a pro as anybody out there.

Its one instance of where working harder has less reward. Some of the big name bow company sponsors even make recurves and longbows yet there is no contingency money.

This year RU was won by a guy shooting a new Hoyt hunting recurve bow who shot unbelievable scores. If they were smart they would use that..
Old 08-12-2006, 08:35 PM

It was my understanding that when someone tried to talk to one of the vendors about a recurve in his booth, I think it was Hoyt, the answer was simply... I don`t know, don`t know anything about them. If this is the case you might as well not even bring a recurve to put in your booth! And if it was Hoyt, how embarrassing for Hoyt to be as big as they are in archery. As for the shoot location, it`s nice to have most everything right there.Most other places will likely be what K_N said in earlier post,get done shooting everyone goes back to a room or campground.Try to keep it there or some place alot like it.

Quick Reply: 2007 World Championship????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.