Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MSR SCORES AT

Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 AM

Default MSR SCORES AT

Scores in MSR ON saturday the score sheets had Joe McCluskey shooting a 410 and on sunday they had him shooting a 405 . Which score is right and did he turn in a score card with the wrong score, If he did should he be D.Q.ed
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 AM

Default RE: MSR SCORES AT

hopefully the parties involved will step up and do the right thing.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:59 AM

I shot with him on Friday morning. We shot K starting 9:30 or so. He shot a 93 - can't remember X count. He left us after those 10 to go to the butts to re-site in his bow. Must have been about noon.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM

Here we go.

What is the right thing and who knows something that the two score keepers didn't know?There should be two score cards and the personnel at the check station are supposed to check to see if every thing is signed and correct. If the score is anything different than the scores turned in and the persons posting the scores posted them correctly than there is no problem. If the score was posted wrong because of an error on the part of the person signing the card then the card isDQ'd. A person or persons that knows the score is incorrect is obligated to make the incorrect score known at the time of posting. If the people that know something and want to make a protest then there is a procedure for that. Coming forward and doing the right thing is the responsiblity of the person that dis-agrees with the facts as they have been presented. Suggesting or implying that there is something that is wrong should be presented first to the People that arerunning the shoot and not on a Forum where nothing but hear say runs wild. IMHO.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:17 PM

The people who are involed are in this thread and it is being persued vigorously with the proper people in the IBO. My comments mearly represented the thoughts of myself in hopes to not have this blow out of control.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM

I guess I'll try to explain/defend why the score was changed. As stated above I shot the first 10 targets in the morning and I was hitting around 4 yard hot on every shot. I realized it was not something I was doing so I decided to go and check my sights at the practice butts. After checking out my score card I went and re-sighted in my bow at 30 yards which was hitting around 4 yards hot. I went back to the check in tent and was teamed up with two other fellas and continued shooting. There was actually two of us that finished the course and my score was added by another score keeper. I knew I was shooting well and really didn't question my score. I signed my cards and the score keeper turned in the cards at the tent. I was as shocked when a couple of friends called and said that there was two different scores posted for me. I knew I shot well and never really paid attention to what the score keeper added for a total until someone else said what was posted. If another scorer looked at the 93 and saw 98 I'm sorry that it happened, I am only guessing that is what he saw when he filled in the blocks on my card before turning it into the scoring tent. The card was checked in and stamped and as in most every shoot my equipment was checked and recorded.

I can tell you one thing, I was both embarrassed and insulted by what happened. I've been shooting a bow most of my adult life and havever had a feeling that someone thought or would think I would cheat.

I shoot with some of the best shooters in Western Pa on a weekly basis and I'm sure they would agree that there is no need for me to ever alter a score card, and if there is another IBO member who feels different I would be happy to team up and shoot at any event... Sorry for the mishap I'm sure I will pay better attention and this sort of thing will never happen to me again.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM

IT WAS JUST AN HONEST MISTAKE. IT SEEMS THE 93 LOOKED LIKE A 98 SO THEY CORRECTED IT. THE MAN STILL HAD ENOUGH POINTS TO WIN WITHOUT THE 5 POINTS. THE MAN HAD ONE OF HIS BEST SHOOTSTHIS YEAR.I'VE SEEN CORRECTIONS BEFORE AND NOTHING WAS EVER SAID.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:05 PM

I will only say that I have seen the finished cards from that shoot. It was not a simple case of a mistaken number. The case is being reviewed and we will see were it goes from here. Please have patience and allow the IBO to do what they can.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:00 AM

If all procedures were followed by the score keepers then it is very simple to check out the problem. Each score keeper is required to initial with his IBO number upon completion of the scoring for each 10 targets. IF any verification of scores is necessary then the shooters who kept score can be identified. These individuals are the only persons that can answers inquiries as to the accuracy of the scores. If the score cards disagree with the numbers posted than the person recording the scores at the table may be at fault. If the two scores do not agree then the score keepers are at fault and yet the person who signs an incorect score card is DQ'd. These are the facts in the rule book which may or may not apply to the score in question. Has a protest been filed and if not why not? Any protest filed should have a ruling by now but to be correct should have a ruling prior to posting the score for all shooters to see.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:44 PM

Fasst...

The discrepency on the card was not found out until saturday. The shooter had finished shooting all 40 on friday and the score keeper that called this into question didn't see the score posting till saturday afternoon. You have till onehour past the close of the range on the day the cards are turned in to file a protest. This time had passed. The only course of action left was to file thru this rule...

3. SCORING DISCREPANCIES. In the event of a scoring discrepancy, a protest may be filed by following the above procedures, OR if there is no allegation of intentional wrongdoing and the scoring discrepancy is the result of inadvertence, simple error, or mistake, a request for reconsideration may be filed with the IBO office no later than the first Friday following the conclusion of an event. If a protest concerning a scoring discrepancy or a request for reconsideration is filed with the IBO office, the IBO will review the appeal or request and a FINAL decision will be made and communicated to the archer within ten working days following the date the protest or request is received. In the event a protest or request for reconsideration is received after the awards ceremony begins, IBO or host officials will not be held responsible for awards given based on the results posted prior to the awards ceremony at the conclusion of the event.

C. REVIEW OF COMPETITION BY THE IBO

[ul]It is the intent and goal of the IBO to encourage participation in archery by providing a fair and equitable competition for every competitor at every IBO sanctioned event. The IBO also recognizes that it is very difficult for the IBO and host clubs to set courses, monitor rule violations, tabulate scores, encourage safety, hand out awards, and do all the other things required for a successful competition in a very short time period. Consequently, the IBO reserves the right in its sole discretion to investigate, review, and/or correct any competitive result based on any violation of rules, unsportsmanlike conduct, shooter eligibility, inadvertence, mistake, harmless error, or any other relevant circumstance, whether or not a protest or request for reconsideration is filed.[/ul]
This was filed by one score keeper, as Joe was the otherand attention brought to the area rep of another member of the group who also spoke with the IBO this past friday.

Now it wouldn't have gone this far if the situation didn't make the remaining memebers of the group uncomfortable with action and words spoken during these ten targets. Thus the reason they were keeping track of scores that were posted. The rules for scoring and score card keeping were adhered to to the letter. The score was changed on the cardby someone after he left this group and score keepers had signed off.The 93 was placed in the top boxes for the range scoresas well as the running scores on the bottom lines... the running scores on the bottomwere not changed. It is the responcibility of every shooter to check and recheck their cards before signing them and handing them in at the tent.The IBO will make a ruling after it goes before the proper people.

Quick Reply: MSR SCORES AT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.