Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO classes

Old 05-30-2006, 08:06 PM

Default IBO classes

Hi,
Bow and Barrel just had a IBO qualifier over Memorial weekend. This was my first shoot and I had a great time(except for the heat). They put on a very good shoot anddid a great job out there. I went with a few friends and we just shot for fun, but I was trying to treat it almost like I was qualifying for shoots in the future.
What I wanted to know was this. We were all shooting in the bow hunter class which I thought was a maximum of 35 yards then we came across several shots over 35 yards (red stake). I checked out the IBO rules and it says that hunter class is yellow stake and bow hunter release is 45 yards. I wanted to know what class shoots at the red stake. I will probably go to the MBR class in the future I was just curious.

Another question I have is this. The MBR and MBF classes say that there is no restriction on stabilizers. Does this mean you can use a long stabilizer? What other restrictions or rules need followed in the MBR class?

Binoculars can used before you step up to the stake. If you are first to shoot does this cut into the 2 minute time limit?

Sorry for the long post, but I am new to the world of 3Dand really starting to like it. Just want to be informed so I am prepared when I get there.
Thanks
Ron
Old 05-30-2006, 08:45 PM

Default RE: IBO classes

Ron,
First, I am glad you had a good time at the shoot. The red stake has an approximate 40 yard distance. At this time the only class shooting from that stake is the Advanced Hunter Class. (AHC)

Yes, MBR can utilize long stabilizers. The only real limitations they have is that they may only use a fixed pin sight without lens of any kind. As for the use of Binoculars, the 2 minute time limit begins for the first shooter as soon as the target is clear.

If you are interested, and liveanywhere near Bow and Barrel, we will be starting a 3D target league Thursday nights at 6:30 begining June 8. I would like to invite you and your friends to come on out and join us. It is a Very casual league, dedicated mainly to the proliferation of BS. We do enjoy a steak fry at the conclusion for those participating. Along the way, we can answer any of the other questions you may have as you get deeper into the game.

Again, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and don't forget June 25our shoot will be benefitting our local chapter of Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry. Hope you all make us a regular stopping point in your shooting schedule.
Chris Turner
President - Bow and Barrel Archers