Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Whats an average score?

Old 05-26-2006, 08:56 AM
bigcountry

Default Whats an average score?

I shot 3d at a range here in md. It had 15 targets, and about 12 of em were in the 28-34 yard range, and rest were like 22 or so.

What would you guys say is an average score? Do most ranges have such info?Kinda like a par in golf?

I am pretty new to organized 3D. I think I really like it. Just trying to understand it little more. I think I shot like 126 with my compound. Mostly lung shots, with a a few 10's thrown in there. I was happy first time. I really surpised myself however with my longbow. I got like 100 with that.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Whats an average score?

big,
Average scores depend upon the class, the range,the level of competition, weather. So many factors.
Use your own scores as a benchmark. Your practice and success will tell you where you are. Set your own goals based upon where you are shooting and what you thinkare attainablegoals that you may want to meet.
I am not a believer in comparing my scores to someone else. They might be able to practice eight hours a day,(some of the professional archers do)!
You can take a look at the results of the shoots on the home page. That will show you where averages are.
But, once again those are national and world championship events and not ranges that you have shot. When starting out, that comparison is not a good one. I think you should have goals on a local level before you step up to the stake with one of the Goza brothers , or Rodney Huffman (finger shooting pros)
Enjoy the game and always remember what you started shooting for. For the fun and the challenge!
ken12

Old 05-26-2006, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Whats an average score?

What I do is keep my average score. You will find that shoots will have 15-40 targets so it is difficult to say what score is good. For that reason I divide my score by the number of targets for an average. I then will note a hard course of easy course with a plus beside the hard and a minus beside the easy. That way I can look back and see my progression. If you can shoot above an 8 then you are a killer that gets to track, above a 10 then you will drop him in his tracks or close to it.

Set your goals to first maybe have no misses (zeros), then no 5's, then at least 5 12's/11's, then to shoot even (10 average). Just make sure you have fun and enjoy the day and make some new friends along the way.

You should be able to watch your score rise a tenth or two with each shoot.