Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who in PA is hunting birds saturday? >

Who in PA is hunting birds saturday?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who in PA is hunting birds saturday?

Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who in PA is hunting birds saturday?

I won't be out Saturday, this upcoming weekend I will be up in Vermont for the opener there. I have off the following week Thurs, Fri, and then Saturday to hunt in PA though. I will be up in Bradford County, and we have about 10 different 2+ year old birds in a couple hundred acre patch that my father and I are the only ones on. Lots of pics on the game camera, so I can't wait to get down there. I will be hunting with the mossberg in Vermont, but will be bringing out the Patriot when I am in PA as back up with my father, his b-day is on 4/29 and my b-day present to him was a Mossy Oak Obsession outfit and 3 days of calling for him since he has never taken a spring bird. I have my fingers crossed that we will be able to score a double when I am in PA, I have never been able to do this yet but I am hoping we can call in 2 at the same time for us to shoot at the same time. There are enough gobblers there for it, thats for sure.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Turkeys in the AM and walleyes in the evening (catch and release of course!)

Life is good!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:34 AM

NOBODY IT IS GONNA RAIN.........
Old 04-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will be out on Saturday as well though I have not yet decided where exactly. I have 3 locations that look promising though.

On a negative note I just checked the forecast and they are calling for wind, rain and thunderstorms. Maybe it is time to break out the ground blind.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Noah could be building an Ark and I'd still be out there.

No rain nor wind nor hail will keep me from getting skunked. I've been waiting all year for my opening day skunking.

Sad but probably true.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM

well, i wont be goin out this saturday, b/c i have other commitments, but i did go out last sat for the jr hunt. we probably heard 7 or 8 gobblers all day, but only 2 actually came in, sadly i missed at a mere 20 yds. d**n gun
Old 04-28-2005, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

, I have never been able to do this yet but I am hoping we can call in 2 at the same time for us to shoot at the same time. There are enough gobblers there for it, thats for sure.
i thought it was rare too, until i saw it just last saturday. i saw a 17 yr old call 2 of them in for me to shoot . it was crazy. when they gobbled at 2oyds, it felt like the ground was shaking.

good luck in your quest, hope u r successful
Old 04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

my vac. starts now.. turns out im sick and cant go to work tomorrow
so i might be out scouting... woohooo 10 days off of work, im going to be hunting,fishing, and some yard work.. went out tonight and saw a jake two hens and a tom w/ a big ol rope on him.. i cant wait for sat.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hacimsaalk

ORIGINAL: Rick James

, I have never been able to do this yet but I am hoping we can call in 2 at the same time for us to shoot at the same time. There are enough gobblers there for it, thats for sure.
i thought it was rare too, until i saw it just last saturday. i saw a 17 yr old call 2 of them in for me to shoot . it was crazy. when they gobbled at 2oyds, it felt like the ground was shaking.

good luck in your quest, hope u r successful

I have called in multiple birds several times, it just seems that every time I do it, I am the only person there, or when I have another hunter with me I don't have any tags.....[:'(]

Sunday is the opener in Vermont and I will have another shooter with me, hopefully we can score some good weather. Will keep everyone updated.