Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 last season's vermont moose >

last season's vermont moose

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

last season's vermont moose

Old 03-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default last season's vermont moose

i just got someone to post these for me on another site, and thought i would like to share them. if this works, it's last season's moose. she weighed 682#, field dressed. it took two shots through the lungs four inches apart from an .06, and then another on her other side, she has been providing some great meals, can't wait to get drawn for another hunt!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: last season's vermont moose

Nice looking cow, congratulations. They sure are a tough animal to put down.

Bet you aren't too happy about the antler restriction designed to protect year and a half old bucks going state wide. Seems a lot of people are now on board with this concept. Hopefully you will give it a chance and in a couple of years will see more mature bucks and a more balanced herd.

. . . Rob
Old 03-08-2005, 01:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates on themoose. But they are homely looking females
Old 03-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats! The smile on your face says it all! Good for you!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:00 AM

where did u get her we have a camp near townshed vermomnt in the mnts they got 14 moose of our property last year and there arte plenty more hope u get drawn again i also saw 15 bulls during deer season and 21 cows on our property
Old 03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

wow, 14, that is a pile of moose! yes, they are a homely looking critter, aren't they? i got her up near Granby/ East Haven. out on the paul stream road.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

CONGRATULATIONS there Vtbuckrulrss Good size cow! How soon can you put in for another moose tag? I hope that someday I get drawn here in NH. Were you asking me about hogs in NH? I did ask my buddy and he told me only place he knows is in the Grobin Park (sp?) which is private. He hasn't heard anyone talking about still seeing any hogs still running around. If it was you I'm sorry for not getting back with ya[] Lots of changes going on around my house and my mind is fried.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:33 PM

ya i have been there with my uncle cause we were bored it was summer and we walked out and saw 30 moose in one day fun and a big ol' gal
Old 03-08-2005, 01:37 PM

Congrats on the beautiful cow!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys. yes, mk-m-gobl, it was me asking about the hogs. i knew that there have been some running around corbin park once in a while, but i spoke with the local warden, who told me he hasnj't heard of any getting out for quite some time. i have to wait three years now before i can put in again, so i plan on trying in maine and new hampshire now. either that, or i can cross the border to canada, and hunt there without a guide. that may be an option too. in quebec, you don't need a guide, but you do have to form a "party", which means at least two of you, because you need to have something from each tag in order to be legal, which also means you are only coming home with one moose. but hey, it really doesn't sound much different than if you were a subpermitee, you still are only going to go home with one moose.
Pat

Quick Reply: last season's vermont moose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.