Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 the truth about Casey Burns >

the truth about Casey Burns

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the truth about Casey Burns

Old 03-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Default the truth about Casey Burns

Everyone remember that poor 18 yr old pregnat girl that was hit in the head by a hunter's stray bullet in December/ The poor young lady whom Lisa Boscola ******ed to harrisburg to ask for further expansions of shotgun only areas. The poor young lady whom's family wasn't against hunting but only wanted to live in a safe area?
Well on tonight's 6 oclock news that poor victim of a woman whom sees her 15 minutes of fame wanning has NOW decided it is in her best interest to sue the poor guy that was shooting at a fox for her and her unbornm baby's suffering. Odd how now that this unintentional shooter has been found guilty she suddenly feels the need to sue the poor SOB isn't it?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: the truth about Casey Burns

IF SOME IDIOT SHOOTS AT FOX AND HITS ME money would not be all he lost.I agree sh!!!!!!!!t happens .Have you been to a hospital lately.My bill was $720.00 under 100 grand for my back.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

This was a freak accident, nothing more nothing less. [link]http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/ap/4/pa_pregnant_woman_shot[/link]
Old 03-02-2005, 06:20 PM

bawanajim; if you knew anything about this case you'd know the man whom did the shooting was within the law to use a centerfire rifle where he was doing the shooting . and as pointed out it was a freak accident with the bullet traveling a great distance. The only law this guy broke was shooting at a fox in deer season. yet the local press hammered the guy. It should be noted the local press is 100% anti gun/hunting.
Burns wants to make $ off some poor guy whom had an accident. From day one most people that knew of the case knew the Burns family was going after $$ but had to allow the judical system to play it's habd agains the shooter first.
While Burns was hit unintentionally with a bullet in whitehall Twsp. only days later a kid was killed by a car just up the street , it got 1 small paragraph in the local section of the paper. While Burns still renders front page coverage....hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only law this guy broke was shooting at a fox in deer season.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Although my client broke the law when he shot at that fox, it was just a freak accident that an illegally bullet traveled on to a point where Miss Burns managed to get in the way of it. My client is the victim here, after all, he only thought he was poaching a fox. Now Ms Burns expects him to pay for the damage he did to her head. What the heck was she doing sitting in that car anyway?[:'(][:'(][:'(]

He shot her for crying out loud!!! OOPS! is not a valid defense.
This aint about some old bat spilling McDonalds coffee in her lap. This is about a guy deciding to pull the trigger when he knew it was wrong and someone was seriously hurt as a result!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:53 PM

He shot into a safety zone. You are responsible for where your bullet travels.

I don't see where the outrage or suprise is in the filing of a lawsuit.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:10 PM

AMEN BTB and T_in_PA3.

Let's see the truth about Casey Burns

Unsafe hunter
Poacher
violated fundemental hunting rules and NRA safety rules.

Maybe gonna go to jail for it, gonna get sued, gonna pay a fine ans sure as hell the guy shouldn't be out hunting or really anywhere near a gun.
I would love to know his version of it...no I didn't shoot at a skylined deer....
Jesus.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:48 AM

BT & others if you knew as much about this case as you presume to I do believe you would pipe down.
BT you would do yourself justice to not practice jailhouse law and stick to spreading PGC propoganda.
I will readily admit to not being as well versed in some subjects as I could be ... BUT...I dare say I have a few too many years under my shingle to not make fools of your arguements.
The truth about Casey Burns is from day one she and her family went after the $ ( $ BTW she will have one heck of a time trying to collect regardless of what the liberal courts rule)
Whitehall Twsp lies on the edge of the Lehigh valley right up next to Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton,Reading where rarely a night passes without drive by shootings, over doses, murder,etc. Yet Casey Burns makes front page news...as a sportsman I would think you'd like to ask the liberal press why?
tragic accident yes, intent no ( BT remember those 5 words for as you will eventually learn in your jailhouse practice there is no disernable crime without intent) What Wetzel was convicted of was causing an injury to a human while shooting at a deer, a second degree misdemeaner, and shooting at a fox after he shot at the deer, stick to telling all of ignorant fools just how Pa has way too many deer. Then think real hard an try to remember where EVERY shot you've fired via bow or gun EVERY ONE you ever took in your life at game or target ended up. Oh you may think they hit the backstop but do you REALLY know that???? could it have careened off at a 180 degree angle from the back stop??? unless you actually have the spent bullet in your hand as proof you my dear cell block legal eagle have no proof that it didn't actually hit some old lady sipping tea at a Mc Donald's do you???? Think hard before you condemm a man legally hunting on open property whom had the unfortunate accident to have his bullet hit someone the better part of 1 mile away!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, but, when you squeeze the trigger, you are responsible for where that projectile goes. Period. Would society be better off with him in jail? I wouldn't think so but he certainly is financially responsible for her injuries.

If I go speedng down an icy road at 80 miles an hour (a summary offense, not even a misdemeanor) and plow into a school bus full of kids, I may not be a criminal but I would be responsible.

If, as said here, he shot at something on the skyline, that is completely reckless. Even a box of 22 shells says danger, range 1 mile!

The liberal press will certainly make hay out of the story but any hunter stupid enough to publicly berate the girl who got shot is helping fan the anti-gun/anti-hunter flames.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:18 AM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Sorry, but, when you squeeze the trigger, you are responsible for where that projectile goes. Period. Would society be better off with him in jail? I wouldn't think so but he certainly is financially responsible for her injuries.

If I go speeding down an icy road at 80 miles an hour (a summary offense, not even a misdemeanor) and plow into a school bus full of kids, I may not be a criminal but I would be responsible.

If, as said here, he shot at something on the skyline, that is completely reckless. Even a box of 22 shells says danger, range 1 mile!

The liberal press will certainly make hay out of the story but any hunter stupid enough to publicly berate the girl who got shot is helping fan the anti-gun/anti-hunter flames.
Last I knew 80 mph was breaking the speed limit so you should be responsible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The guy your talking about here? BT before you speak to loud you know It could be you next time. Shooting at a skyline happens every day. But in your case it could be a ricochet target
shooting at the club.
I'm not saying he's not responsible just asking you to think about it.

Quick Reply: the truth about Casey Burns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.