Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 out of state license's >

out of state license's

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

out of state license's

Old 02-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Default out of state license's

i just got looking at how much some states charge for license's for out of staters. and got to thinking: we don't change hardly anything here in PA compared to other states. and i thought what we should do is charge others what they want us to pay.

ex. say an ohio deer license will cost me $400 why not charge them 400$ for a deer license here in pa. and say a texas license will run me $1000 why not charge them $1000

just a thought god how many more months till bow season!?!? i am going crazy lol
Old 02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: out of state license's

I see where you are coming from killer243. It sounds like it would be fair. I think we would lose alot of out of state hunters. Lets face it there are a lot of better places to hunt. I wouldn't pay alot of money to hunt 1.5 year old bucks. I know alot of people who read this will say" Thats good". But then those would be the same people crying when the residents price goes up. Thats just my thought.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killer, I cant speak for every other state's but I hunt in MD. and OH. also,
and when PA. raised the lic. fee's for Res. and NON res. a couple years ago MD. raised their Non res. Lic. fee's for PA. hunters to the same amount that PA. charges MD. hunter's to hunt in PA. And OH. until this it charged less for a non res. lic. than PA. MD. WVA. etc. OH. raised them this year to match what other state's were chargeing OH. hunter's to hunt in their state.
But I think in the very near future, PA. will have to drasticly reduce the price of Non Res. lic.'s to keep them comming to PA. Pike
Old 02-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Now that Pa. has went to QDM and AR they should be able to raise the out of state license's a bit, now that we have all of these wall hangers running around. [8D]
Old 02-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pa has antler restrcitions but when did they enter in QDM? Some of the things the state did is just a fraction of QDM. There is alot more in QDM then what PA did. The people that are in QDM are probably the people having success in PA.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:03 AM

What is the non resident licence fee in PA for deer now - I haven't hunted down there in a few years -

I have a hunting camp in St.Marys, PA - Elk County - and am going down there for a week next fall the land hasn't really been hunted hard for about 6 - 7 years and there should be some good bucks running around there now - there is 250 acres to hunt on. The elk have been in there pretty heavy recently - I have seen a few big bulls - What is the status on Elk hunting PA - I heard something like it was a lottery system -

I'd be interested to know - and isn't it bow only too?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]what we should do is charge others what they want us to pay.[quote/] .

I think there are some states that do that already. It's called reciprocating something or other.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:46 PM

MD does that with their fishing licenses already, what ever the other state charges for a non-res is what the MD fee is for that state. They also do that with border states for their non-res hunting licenses.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:41 PM

Itr's true Md. charges a reciprocal fee to surrounding states,but on that same cost Md. allows the non-resident to shoot more deer.
Maybe Md. should should only allow one buck to non-residents and charge for doe tags instead of being as nice as they are.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deershed

Itr's true Md. charges a reciprocal fee to surrounding states,but on that same cost Md. allows the non-resident to shoot more deer.
Maybe Md. should should only allow one buck to non-residents and charge for doe tags instead of being as nice as they are.
same applies to WVa... we're a better deal for Non-Res than Pa...by a LOOOONG shot!!
Personally, I wouldn't cross the Mason/Dixon to hunt nuthin', unless I was headin' into Canada.....