Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 GUILTY or NOT? Claude Dallas >

GUILTY or NOT? Claude Dallas

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

GUILTY or NOT? Claude Dallas

Old 02-08-2005, 06:37 AM

Default RE: GUILTY or NOT? Claude Dallas

Im not familiar with this guy, but why was he viewed as a folk hero for shooting 2 people that were there doing their job?
I believe the media viewed him at the time as a modern day Jerimiah Johnston, living off the land, with the bad ol' wardens trying to stop him from poaching a few animals. That, and the fact that his "buddy" swore the wardens drew their guns first.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guity or Not, Come on.[:'(][:@]
Old 02-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Guilty or not isn't even the right question. More like why the h*ll is this guy out after serving only 22 years. I remember reading about him killing those wardens in Outdoor Life when I was pretty young. I'm pretty sure it mentioned that the larger of the two was quartered so he could handle disposing of the body more easy. I don't think the other body was ever found, but I may be wrong. How he could have only got a 30 year sentence is beyond me. JMO
Old 02-08-2005, 08:20 PM

You know, its been many years since I read about this as well, and I remember a few things, as it stuck to me. Wasnt the one officer named Conly Elms, or something like that? He left a family behind, as I recall. Also, the sh*thead Dallas played coward from the law, or escaped or something too, didnt he?

Im not for plea bargains or deals, unless the victims get to stand back up and not be dead.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Bill Yox

Also, the sh*thead Dallas played coward from the law, or escaped or something too, didnt he?
Yes, he escaped from prison because he said the guards threatened to kill him. They apparently believed him because he served no additional time and even got out 7 years early for "good behavior".
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

the guy served his time and was released...just how many crack dealers,drive by shooters,etc. don't see 22 yrs of a 30 yr sentence??????? scumbag in town here killed 2 girls that owed him for crack cocain he was selling...shot them both then drove over them with his p/k truck. He was convitcted and only sentenced to 15-20 yrs...now he claims he was raped in prison and has gotten himself his own apartment...where's the justics in that????????
Old 02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

still trying to figure out what this has to do with the North East??????????????
Old 02-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Good point Doughboy....we should be beating some PA topic to death. It's a hunting related topic, and isn't that the point to the overall board?? If the poster lives in the NE, in my mind, that should be a good enough reason to post here. JMO!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose you all don't know that Claude Dallas is from back east. He is a transplant and the talk is that he may end up back with his family. There is a member on this forum who is friends with Mrs. Elms, Connleys mother. Pouge, one of the victims of the incident was just as bad as Claude and had been harassing him for some time. The only reason that Connely was there is because he couldn't say no to Pouge. I am not making Claude to be a hero by any means. Connely is the one that got the raw deal. Pouge liked to throw himself around and Claude was the wrong one to throw it at. A friend of mine had a run in with Pouge down on the snake river. He tore their truck up and found nothing. He left them there to put their stuff back in order, and didn't treat them nice at all. My feelings are that if you through a match in a haystack, you will have one big fire on your hands. And that is exactly what happened. Unfortunatly Elms got the raw deal. Was Caude Dallas guilty I say 100% yes. The whole thing is a shame. It goes along the same lines as Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge. There were alot of screw ups that led to tragedy. Good luck with him if he ends up near you.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

That's correct Elkcrazy. I'm pretty sure that loser is from Winchester, VA. Therefore, any and all subsequent posts (as if there will be any) should be posted to the South forum, as that's where VA is blessed to be! (geographically speaking, and of course forum-related) Just messing.

Quick Reply: GUILTY or NOT? Claude Dallas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.