Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYER'S New BILL on hunting age >

NYER'S New BILL on hunting age

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYER'S New BILL on hunting age

Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default NYER'S New BILL on hunting age

Please contact your Reps and give them some imput on this bill. I have e-mailed and spoken to a person that represents my new Assembly woman
Ms. Lupardo he said she would call but has not done so yet. I knew Bob Warner would always be on the side of the hunter but don't know squat about this woman. I

New York Attempts To Lower Age Requirements For Hunting!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 New York state Senator George Maziarz (R-Lockport) introduced Senate Bill 120, which seeks to lower the age requirement for a Junior Archery License from 14 years to 12 years. Hunter and bowhunter education courses for those seeking an archery license will still be a requisite. SB 120 was referred to the Senate Environmental Conservation Committee on January 6. Recruiting new hunters is critical to the future of our sport, doing so is made harder when unnecessary regulations prohibit young people from hunting. The NRA will keep you up to date on this and other bills affecting your hunting heritage.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NYER'S New BILL on hunting age

Charlie, this Junior archery age limit has been introduced the last few yrs, to lower to 12yrs old. I've written & written supporting the bills. NY bowhunters has pushed hard also to lower the age limit. I personnally don't understand what this states problem is. Were only 1 of few with higher age restrictions. Its been very difficult the last several yrs to try & explain to my boys why they cannot hunt in this state yet. Especially when they watch 9-12yr olds harvesting game in other states on the Outdoor ch. Luckily my oldest will be 14 this summer and can finally hunt with his bow. Both my boys have been shooting bow since age 3 starting on those plastic sucken cupped arrow deals. My oldest has been in competitions, and recieved awards. WAKEUP NY, get our kids in the woods earlier, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!